Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Players waging war on EVE's economy

Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    Ha, I play many online games with many people here from mybb. So many people have my tags and I have the tags of many from here. Where you been man?
    *Starts directional scan*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greylor View Post
    *Starts directional scan*
    Ill let you know who I am in game once I have a big enough ship/fleet to stand my ground
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

Hahaha hiding behind nicks and alts already :P

You learn fast

Blog Entries

So, any suggestions for a new player on what to focus on? Im thinking mining?
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

Mining is looking good at the moment. The prices for minerals are skyrocketing. That being said, everything else is more expensive so it is all relative. With drones no longer dropping alloys that can be refined into minerals, I reckon mining could be quite handy...although as a profession it is boring as hell.

There's always mission running, which can get tedious after a while, but is a good way to learn the mechanics of fittings.

There is also trading and/or manufacturing. You will need some capital to get into this side of things, but the profits increase exponentially. I, for example, make my money on T1 manufacturing even though I can manufacture and research T2 and T3 items. 5% profit on a 1mil isk investment is only 50k isk. 5% on 1billion isk is 50mil. The more you can invest, the more you will get back. Science, trading and manufacturing involves a lot of spreadsheets, so it's not for everyone.

Generally though there's a billion things that you can do. It's entirely up to you.
    As an idea, check the picture out below (it's too big to link directly on the forum, so I'll just put the URL)

http://www.55gd.net/wp-content/uploa...12/eve-wtd.jpg

Where to start? Join a corp, fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmik View Post
    Where to start? Join a corp, fast.
    Aye, that first. Trying to crack the game on your own is a fast way to raging.

Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    Lol... bugger, only realized afterwards that I joined the libertarian race. I wanted the liberal race! Bastards
    I abandoned my first character after learning the basics of the game. When you have an idea of what is going on, it really helps determine what your next character will be based on what you want to achieve.
    Last edited by Cadavre777; 01-05-2012 at 10:41 PM.
    When you pass Go and collect R200, you know you're playing Monopoly. When you pass Go and have to pay R200... you know you're in Gauteng!

I used to have 2 accounts with 6 characters, tried a bit of everything with my 4 alts, and 2 mains

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12