Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast

Thread: Outcome of the OUTA Court Case against SANRAL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richardxtc View Post
    What was Anc's aim of postponing before the ruling was made? To look good or score some brownie points because they knew an interdict was most likely to occur?
    Most probably. They must have consulted with the legal team handling the court case and they knew it was going to look bad for them, so this is their way of "saving face" and making it look like they are listening to the people.

People shouldn't be so fickle though and must remember the comments from Jimmy Manyi, Pravin Ghordan and other Government spokespeople that the tolling in inevitable and we must just "get used to it".

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
    Actually the ANC suspended the tolls even before the court.
    They thought they'd try and pull off a postponement - sorry for them.

Please do not think that the ANC have been 'good' guys at all. Or Cosatu - they tried to bully their labour broker agenda and thought a bit of etoll mileage would suit their agenda. It didn't.
    No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood

Quote Originally Posted by Albereth View Post
    They thought they'd try and pull off a postponement - sorry for them.

Please do not think that the ANC have been 'good' guys at all. Or Cosatu - they tried to bully their labour broker agenda and thought a bit of etoll mileage would suit their agenda. It didn't.
    Hahaha you guys are so fickle, now Cosatu is no longer a good friend of this cause? Not so long ago they were hailed for rallying the masses against tolls and forum members were being encouraged to support a planned massive Cosatu-led anti-toll strike. I believe even with this interdict the judge noted the march that was led by Cosatu as one of the reasons for his decision. A lot of you wouldn't be able to organise a protest to save your lives. Cosatu's role has been and continues to be crucial in this battle.

Hahaha you guys are so fickle, now Cosatu is no longer a good friend of this cause? Not so long ago they were hailed for rallying the masses against tolls and forum members were being encouraged to support a planned massive Cosatu-led anti-toll strike. I believe even with this interdict the judge noted the march that was led by Cosatu as one of the reasons for his decision. A lot of you wouldn't be able to organise a protest to save your lives. Cosatu's role has been and continues to be crucial in this battle.
    LOL, to think cosatu has your best interests in mind... How naive...
    Reliable ISP wanted
    Have money
    Will pay

Quote Originally Posted by reactor_sa View Post
    LOL, to think cosatu has your best interests in mind... How naive...
    Exactly, they are still part of the "alliance"
    #FREEISRAEL

Super Grandmaster

Well, if you take a look at the thread with the poll you will note that I did ask if I could change my view when Cosatu said it would be another round of labour broking thrown in with it. I am also quite happy to state that I would exploit any noise being made about tolls to suit my agenda where the two intersect - but why would I want my noise to be subverted to support something where clearly I don't have a view (about labour broking)?

It isn't fickle. It's actually principle.

Goodness - that taxi drivers would burn down a gantry suits a purpose but it most certainly doesn't stop them driving like idiots. And wouldn't change my opinion of them in the slightest. Similar thing about a trade union - every now and then they suit a purpose but it doesn't mean that I am about to embrace communism or whatever dimwit ideas they have.
    No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood

Definitely agree with you. And I guarantee you that most of the Cosatu haters would not be able to articulate why they are anti Cosatu. They've definitely done more than any other political party, especially the DA.

Its very simple for me, cosatu are a mafia Organisation.
    They bully business big or small, sometimes rightfully so, most times for their own gain.
    Their leaders are IMO no different to the ruling regime.
    I do not trust them one bit.
    Their members have no discipline, cause chaos at any oppotunity.
    Look at that last strike action, they said it was for tolls but yet it was for labour brokers and basically tried to rope in the toll protesters

Quote Originally Posted by marine1 View Post
    Its very simple for me, cosatu are a mafia Organisation.
    They bully business big or small, sometimes rightfully so, most times for their own gain.
    Mafia organisation? You're delusional. Cosatu has their members interests at heart, that's the bottom line. No frills, no fuss.

Their leaders are IMO no different to the ruling regime.
    They stood up to the ANC about the etolls, which tells me that they do not "tow the party line".
    I also think that Vavi has until now been uncorruptable. If the ANC had dirt on him, surely this would've been the ideal opportunity for a smear campaign?

I do not trust them one bit.
    Why? Cos they're a predominantly black organisation? Cos they're anti labour brokers? Cos they're pro poor?

Their members have no discipline, cause chaos at any oppotunity.
    Look at that last strike action, they said it was for tolls but yet it was for labour brokers and basically tried to rope in the toll protesters
    No, it was against the tolls and labour brokers. It was made quite clear the the march was for both issues. They never attempted to rope anyone in.

There was an article this last week quoting someone from COSATU saying that they are protesting against etolling but they are also protesting against museums - my reaction

One could call it killing several birds with one COSATU stone, but I agree that it's disingenuous to combine unrelated issues into the same protest action event, especially when COSATU invites people that are not COSATU members to join the COSATU protest action against etolling.

I hate to say this but I think the COSATU leadership is unsure of how much support there is from its members for protesting against etolling on its own (considering that most of its members would be using taxis and buses that are supposed to be exempt), as a result COSATU is combining other issues it knows its members will support, with the etolling issue.

For the moment Vavi and COSATU are somewhat aligned with commuters in protest against etolling, but that could change at any moment with a good old palm greasing.
    ATTENTION: Bloody dishonourable SCAMRAL agent and clones

Trying to bait me into replying to your troll posts is not going to work.

Yes MAFIA get it? They use intimidation and threats to get what they want.
    You really believe on a 40k salary that he can afford the lifestyle he leads? Wake up !!
    Hell even on an 80k salary I would doubt it.
    Ahhhh let's throw in the race card, new it eventually come up

In the start of the cosatu action nothing was mentioned about labour brokers it only came out very close to the actual strike.
    I do not support that action.
    Ask yourself why labour broking is so big here? Cosatu and others have made labour law a joke and completely one sided IMO.
    Oh and how did cosatu not know they were somehow involved or one of their senior members were involved in this toll fiasco?
    Sorry but varvi is a politician and is no better than the rest of them IMO.
    Why has he not had strike action against petrol? Against corruption? Against the arms deal?

Quote Originally Posted by j4ck455 View Post
    For the moment Vavi and COSATU are somewhat aligned with commuters in protest against etolling, but that could change at any moment with a good old palm greasing.

marine1 are you against labour unions now too?

And Redeemed is right. This forum was so happy about COSATU looking out for them and now OUTA got a court interdict against SANRAL oh COSATU is evil and was only doing it for show?

What's wrong with you guys? Hypocrisy at its bloody finest, the ANC and you guys are more similar than you think.

I am not against labour unions at all. I do not think that they should be so closely linked with political parties.
    I have no issue with solidarity.

Fair enough. But I don't think it's fair to call them Mafia unless it was an exaggeration. They push for higher wages, just like solidarity. They will strike of certain demands are not met, just like Solidarity.

The only time COSATU annoyed me was when their demand were just too high, otherwise they genuinely look after their members?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast