Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jetta 1.4 TSI DSG

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by froot View Post
    Wonder if the 320i will outrun his taxi?
    You must respect 4y engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool E View Post
    Do you want f30 320 or e90 ?
    The 320i and C180 I mentioned would have to be second hand (can't afford them new)... so, E90.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Theory View Post
    Can I ban someone from my thread? He can come back when he knows more about cars... Recommending a Daewoo, when we are talking about German cars...
    Ignore list ftw.

On topic....

My question... If you were in the market, would you go for a new VW (with full maintenance plan to 120 000km) or second hand C180/320i with low mileage and balance of a maintenance plan? Spec for spec they are very similar.

Would rather go for the C180. you'll see much lower fuel consumption (I like both BMW and Merc btw).
    The new 1.4 turbo engines are really nice though. They deliver enough punch to take you places, but you can't take too much weight though, so it's not a big holiday car.

This message is hidden because Cool E is on your ignore list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

Blog Entries

Sorry OP.

Would rather go for the C180. you'll see much lower fuel consumption (I like both BMW and Merc btw).
    The new 1.4 turbo engines are really nice though. They deliver enough punch to take you places, but you can't take too much weight though, so it's not a big holiday car.
    Yeah. I got upgraded from a Jazz to a C180 by Avis, earlier this year. Drove it for a week. Very nice car. Fell in love.

Weight won't be a problem. No family yet... Only 2 of us. Maybe a couple of bikes on the roof. I don't really want to buy second hand. If the Jetta's ride comes close to the C180, I'll take it.

Super Grandmaster

Yeah. I got upgraded from a Jazz to a C180 by Avis, earlier this year. Drove it for a week. Very nice car. Fell in love.

Weight won't be a problem. No family yet... Only 2 of us. Maybe a couple of bikes on the roof. I don't really want to buy second hand. If the Jetta's ride comes close to the C180, I'll take it.
    Haven't driven a Jetta in quite some time, but if it's anything like the Passat's ride, it's nice and firm - quite like the BMW.
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Oh no you didn't

Haven't driven a Jetta in quite some time, but if it's anything like the Passat's ride, it's nice and firm - quite like the BMW.
    I believe the new Jetta is very good. Will report back when they have one available for a test drive.

The 320i is sluggish at low-revs.... but comparing it to a Chev is just insulting...
    I couldn't agree more
    Money and Sex, Bandwidth and Storage... Only too much is ever enough

Super Grandmaster

Nothing wrong with the Cruze - probably a better option than the super dull Jetta. However that said you can't compare the Jetta and Cruze to a BMW or Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brawler View Post
    Nothing wrong with the Cruze - probably a better option than the super dull Jetta.

The Jetta is actually quite good looking... Cruze looks dull and is also horrible to drive, I've heard and read.

With a few extras, I think you can actually compare the Jetta to a lower end Merc and BMW. Will report back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool E View Post
    Sorry OP.
    Your username is a defamatory...

I've been looking for a C-segment car with an auto or semi-auto box. I've considered the Cerato 2.0 AT, Elantra 1.8 AT, Focus 2.0 PowerShift and Citroen C4 1.6T EGS6... but no... they are not quite good enough. Each one had a few things that put me off. I've never considered the Golf/Jetta 6, because the only DSG models available here (besides the GTI) were the very under powered 1.6 TDI Golf and Jetta. I see that the 90kW 1.4 TSI DSG models are now available in SA and the Jetta with a couple of extras sounds perfect for me.

My question... If you were in the market, would you go for a new VW (with full maintenance plan to 120 000km) or second hand C180/320i with low mileage and balance of a maintenance plan? Spec for spec they are very similar.
    Whats the power output of the 1.4TSI?
    If its 132kw, its flippen quick!! Dont be fooled by the little engine.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Haldex View Post
    Indeed. Friend of mine has an Alfa 1.4Turbo... that thing move.
    Oh no you didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Haldex View Post
    It's only 90kW with single turbo... The Highline model comes with a twin turbo 118kW version of the same engine. The 90kW is quick enough. I'm not looking for a race car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12