Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast

Thread: Sicelo Shiceka has died

"Yes, he passed on this morning in hospital following a long illness," spokesman Keith Khoza said.
    Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    It was never confirmed, but pretty much known in certain circles what his ailment was.
    TB or HIV? Why do they not say?

Quote Originally Posted by waynegohl View Post
    God don't want him and the Devil is afraid he will be kicked out.
    Or, Heaven doesn't want him, and Hell is afraid he'll take over!
    Report rape and sexual abuse. Don't tolerate crime, report it!
    You can SMS an anonymous tip-off to 32211. SMS charged at R1.

Sad to see people rejoicing Sicelo's death, understandable though. People are angry that taxpayers money is not going where it should be going, i.e. to poor people. I was on Twitter and about half of all posts I read regarding Sicelo were of delight that he's gone.
    "Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." ― Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sly21C View Post
    Sad to see people rejoicing Sicelo's death, understandable though. People are angry that taxpayers money is not going where it should be going, i.e. to poor people. I was on Twitter and about half of all posts I read regarding Sicelo were of delight that he's gone.
    I don't see any rejoice, just a lack of sympathy. How many deaths are on these politicians' hands due to apathy, incompetence, corruption and maladministration?
    ಠ_ಠ
    <|>
    /ω\

Sad? If you live your life harming others then do not expect people to mourn your death
    #FREEISRAEL

Schadenfreude. I don't think it's really warranted or understandible. This is the monsterous crime he commited.

It had emerged the late minister spent R600 000 on luxury travel, which included an overseas visit to his former lover, who was imprisoned in a Swiss jail.

I mean that's very naughty but comments about him not being allowed in hell and deserving to die young etc go much too far. He's hardly Charles freaking Manson. Nothing stops you openly celebrating someones death but that doesn't mean you have to do it. At best it lacks class. Whatever the guy did he's probably a father and son and husband to someone who is innocent of everything but association and they're going to get exposed to your lovely comments.
    Last edited by fantasticfred; 30-04-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Default We will miss Shiceka's energy - Zuma

JOHANNESBURG - President Jacob Zuma on Monday said he will miss the energy of former Cooperative Governance Minister Sicelo Shiceka.

The African National Congress (ANC) confirmed his death on Monday morning.

The last year of his life was plagued by controversy after he was accused of corruption and abusing state funds.

He was placed on sick leave in February 2011, although the nature of illness was never disclosed.

In October 2011, President Jacob Zuma announced that Shiceka had been replaced.

This was prompted by Public Protector Thuli Madonsela's findings that Shiceka had abused public funds.

It had emerged the late minister spent R600 000 on luxury travel, which included an overseas visit to his former lover, who was imprisoned in a Swiss jail.

Shiceka remained defiant to the end and insisted the findings of maladministration did not undermine his credibility.
    I find Zuma's comments to be somewhat farcical. He sacked him for corruption, etc.

The only energy he will be remembered for is his ability to waste taxpayers money to his own personal gain.
    Report rape and sexual abuse. Don't tolerate crime, report it!
    You can SMS an anonymous tip-off to 32211. SMS charged at R1.

Blog Entries

How many orphans had to go hungry?
    How many sick could not get access to better healthcare?
    How many children with terrible classes?
    How many people with no homes?

He steals from these people and we must not be happy he is gone?

Every rand counts: http://www.everyrandcounts.org/everyrandlost.htm
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticfred View Post
    Whatever the guy did he's probably a father and son and husband to someone who is innocent of everything but association and they're going to get exposed to your lovely comments.
    Fair enough but he should have thought about his actions while he was around and how they could negatively impact on those around him. Just because he is dead does not absolve him from critisism. No one is saying his family is at fault.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

I mean that's very naughty but comments about him not being allowed in hell and deserving to die young etc go much too far.
    Naughty!!?? Really dude, is that the best word you can use to describe that?

Naughty is being found guilty of receiving head from a White House intern. His actions, and the actions of those like him, directly affect the people they serve. People suffer and die and as a result of their actions, and we need to feel sorry for them when it's their turn to kick the bucket?

As I said before, this is not rejoice. It's apathy. You know, the same kind of treatment that everyone receives from them?
    ಠ_ಠ
    <|>
    /ω\

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hoxbig View Post
    Naughty!!?? Really dude, is that the best word you can use to describe that?

Naughty is being found guilty of receiving head from a White House intern. His actions, and the actions of those like him, directly affect the people they serve. People suffer and die and as a result of their actions, and we need to feel sorry for them when it's their turn to kick the bucket?

As I said before, this is not rejoice. It's apathy. You know, the same kind of treatment that everyone receives from them?
    Come now I'm not trying to defend his actions. But there's an old gentlemanly sentiment that once a man has paid his dues (and I think he has) we let him be.

Grandmaster

Karma caught up to him

Seriously, how many of you would rejoice if Julius Malema was dead?

This is no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hoxbig View Post
    I don't see any rejoice, just a lack of sympathy. How many deaths are on these politicians' hands due to apathy, incompetence, corruption and maladministration?
    Agreed, lack of sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by marine1 View Post
    Sad? If you live your life harming others then do not expect people to mourn your death
    Agreed! Others are rejoicing though and to me that is sad because we are turning into something else.

I mean that's very naughty......
    Go to Alexandra, go to areas that have violent service delivery protests and tell those people that R600 k meant for them is gone but it's ok because Sicelo was just being naughty.

Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    He steals from these people and we must not be happy he is gone?
    Now that (in bold) is sad. Usually people don't speak ill of the dead but now we have come to a situation were people are happy that a certain politician is dead. All I am saying is, to me, it's sad. You can celebrate like the Americans did when Osama was shot dead, I'll just refrain from commenting.
    "Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." ― Eleanor Roosevelt

Another down, many more to go! Time for a celebration!

They should continue with the corruption case and recover the money from his estate.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

How many people under investigation have died? I knew someone who was a con artist and defrauded plenty people and he "died", i have always wondered if his family and friends saw the body or death certificate.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast