Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Traffic Fine

Default Traffic Fine

So I received a traffic fine a while back but checking under paycity.co.za and viewfine.co.za I see that I have 0 fines listed under my ID number.

A) What happened to my fine?
    B) Am I paranoid in thinking that if I do go to the police station to pay it, upon seeing that the fine has been scrapped/lost/cancelled the guy helping me may just decide to lie to me, tell me the fine is still in effect and pocket my cash?

Off topic, but I tried to register on the site and it wants a scanned copy of my ID and my Credit Card? No thank you, I'll pass.
    If any question why we died tell them because our fathers lied

Can you perhaps not just go to the station and 'innocently' enquire about any fines you might have outstanding?
    If any question why we died tell them because our fathers lied

Quote Originally Posted by mike156 View Post
    So I received a traffic fine a while back but checking under paycity.co.za and viewfine.co.za I see that I have 0 fines listed under my ID number.

A) What happened to my fine?
    B) Am I paranoid in thinking that if I do go to the police station to pay it, upon seeing that the fine has been scrapped/lost/cancelled the guy helping me may just decide to lie to me, tell me the fine is still in effect and pocket my cash?
    Seriously don't trust payfine or viewfine (or whatever they are calling it now). I don't know if the guys who originally did payfine has sold it out to another group or if it just the government seeing how payfine was making money and decided to do it for themselves, but recently since it has moved over from payfine to that new system it has been utter crap. They don't keep it updated or list half the fines that get put through. Just do an EFT into the bank account listed on the fine.

I used to go onto payfine every so often as then I can see and pay the fines within a decent time frame. I received two fines in the post that were not even listed on the new site so had to pay it via normal EFT to the metro cops. Ironically never had any issues in the past with my old fines but have been receiving sms's from those corrupt lawyers MBD inc. with regards to outstanding fines which I presume must be these two fines. I Have not answered back or even gonna contact these tools.

I don't understand how the fines can be handed over to a lawyer anyway for debt collection since not paying for traffic fines is a criminal act and should be treated as such, so if I haven't paid I should have a warrant out for my arrest. Idiots
    I've got to stop saying "how stupid can you be?"...........Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Forgot to ask, the fine was given to me in person by a metro cop on the spot, will these types of fines show up on the site?

Quote Originally Posted by mike156 View Post
    Forgot to ask, the fine was given to me in person by a metro cop on the spot, will these types of fines show up on the site?
    I don't think these are listed on the site. I think payfine used to only do the camera based summons.

Since it was handed to you personally I would pay it.
    I've got to stop saying "how stupid can you be?"...........Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

I wasn't planning on skipping it, just curious about why I couldn't see the fine.

2 of my written out caught in the moment fines I received was on Payfine after 3weeks. This was on the old Payfine site still, maybe 2 years ago.