Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy 8ta Hot Spot Sale!

I phone Canal Walk store this morning and they said they didn't have on stock of the tablets but that I can apply for the contract in the meantime and when stock arrives then he'll call me. Went there this afternoon, did the paperwork then he says there is one left that someone cancelled. Lucky me.
    I have gone to find myself. If you see me before I return, please tell me to wait.

Phones are tooooo cheap :-0

Quote Originally Posted by Magandroid View Post
    I phone Canal Walk store this morning and they said they didn't have on stock of the tablets but that I can apply for the contract in the meantime and when stock arrives then he'll call me. Went there this afternoon, did the paperwork then he says there is one left that someone cancelled. Lucky me.
    What I don't understand is why they made it cheaper to take out a contract than to buy it on prepaid when it should have been the other way around.
    Surely for a special of this magnitude they should encourage customers to pay the cash upfront instead of paying instalments of R50 over 2 years.

It looks like a delay tactic that they want to use.Get the majority of the people to take out contracts due to the lower overall cost and then make them wait indefinitely.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by DrYes View Post
    What I don't understand is why they made it cheaper to take out a contract than to buy it on prepaid when it should have been the other way around.
    Surely for a special of this magnitude they should encourage customers to pay the cash upfront instead of paying instalments of R50 over 2 years.

It looks like a delay tactic that they want to use.Get the majority of the people to take out contracts due to the lower overall cost and then make them wait indefinitely.
    Some people are blacklisted and cannot take out contracts. This is why most prepaid is more expensive usually.

I don't understand it either but at R50 a month who cares. Basically I'm buying R50 airtime and getting a free tablet worth R2000 plus. That's not such a bad deal. If I was to buy any other tablet anywhere else and pay it off over two years it's going to cost a lot more than R50 a month.
    I have gone to find myself. If you see me before I return, please tell me to wait.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Park@82 View Post
    Guys I've just picked up a desire S from 8ta in woodlands mall. They tell me that they have about 7 Omnias left.
    I was at Woodland Mall at approximately 11h30 today and they tuned me that they don't have any Omnias, only a waiting list of 6 people. wtf!
    I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

Sometimes cheaper sometime not.
    Example:
    Galaxy S or LG P500 R798 prepaid, or on Saver 1 (you pay R50x24 =R1200)
    S7 Slim R1498 prepaid, or on the same contract.

Totally inconsistent, the same with other offerings.
    Last edited by sajunky; 05-05-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuva View Post
    Well it took me 3 tries to get my phone.

1st tried 8ta in Cape Gate = no go
    2nd tried 8ta in Tygervally = no go
    was going to to go Canal walk which is aparently the big 8ta branch in Cape Town, but while I was in the neighborhood in town, I went to 8ta in CBD and they actually had the phone I wanted, but they were out of stock for most other phones by the sound of others infront of the line walking out.
    Did you go instore at Cape Gate/Tygervalley and ask or did you try phoning them?

Hi everyone. I just can't seem to choose between HTC Legend, Desire Samsung Galaxy S, Omnia. I've read reviews on all 4 phones. On paper the Galaxy S seems the winner. What do you guys thinks?

Quote Originally Posted by Sads-1-zn View Post
    Hi everyone. I just can't seem to choose between HTC Legend, Desire Samsung Galaxy S, Omnia. I've read reviews on all 4 phones. On paper the Galaxy S seems the winner. What do you guys thinks?
    All the phones are good. S2 is the best but the Omina and Desire S price for under a R100 is a steal.

At the moment, you'll be lucky to get any one of those phones due to stock level.

I have the S2 and love it!!!

Waiting for a week now, was there yesterday, they can't find me stock at ay other branch. Anybody knows of a brach that have the Huawei tablet in stock?
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

http://www.hellopeter.com/8ta/compla...workers-792882
    Saw this on hellopeter (also on another forum), is the staff now buying up all the stock before the customers?
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by beans100 View Post
    Saw this on hellopeter (also on another forum), is the staff now buying up all the stock before the customers?
    :-0

Has anyone found a CPT-based store with the Galaxy S2 in stock?

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by beans100 View Post
    At least he got a response from 8ta, they contacted him to assist.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast