Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Complaint re MyBB Author: Derrick Cramer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    It's fine to criticize him. It's also fine to defend him, as it is to defend Derrek. Bloody hell.
    I dont disagree with that at all.
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all..." - Oscar Wilde

You don't come to MyBB for hardware reviews or anything like that really.

You come here for news, read the forums or share experiences pertaining to the local broadband community.

All the other stuff I have found to be on the shallow side. It is only logical that for the most trusted computer hardware analysts, for example, you go to anandtech, bittech, or whatever well known hardware site that you prefer. For cellphones you go to gsmarena etc etc.

Anyway I still think the OP has every right to air his complaints on the forums here. And it's also quite sad how many trolls are just posting TL;DR and telling the OP he is an idiot, just shows how lazy we have become. I admire the way he manages to put his gripes into words, very thorough. Also think Derrick handled it very well, and the worst that can happen is for his reviewing skills to improve.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by abandonallhope View Post
    You don't come to MyBB for hardware reviews or anything like that really.

You come here for news, read the forums or share experiences pertaining to the local broadband community.

All the other stuff I have found to be on the shallow side. It is only logical that for the most trusted computer hardware analysts, for example, you go to anandtech, bittech, or whatever well known hardware site that you prefer. For cellphones you go to gsmarena etc etc.

Anyway I still think the OP has every right to air his complaints on the forums here. And it's also quite sad how many trolls are just posting TL;DR and telling the OP he is an idiot, just shows how lazy we have become. I admire the way he manages to put his gripes into words, very thorough. Also think Derrick handled it very well, and the worst that can happen is for his reviewing skills to improve.
    That, sir, deserves applause for the all-round sense and astute observations.

MyBB Legend

OP, you got your wish. Derrick is gone.
    Procrastination. I'll find a signature for this later.

What happened to him?

MyBB Legend

Quote Originally Posted by marine1 View Post
    What happened to him?
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...rick-left-mybb
    Procrastination. I'll find a signature for this later.

Pity. I had no beef with him. He was doing a lot of good work in the background.

Some people need to get out more.

Nobody ever forced you to read Derrick's articles, which I actually enjoyed.

All the best Derrick!

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by mercurial View Post
    OP, you got your wish. Derrick is gone.
    Reminder; my 'wish' was never explicitly for him to be removed from the team, just for his articles' quality and specifically research quality to be improved upon to bring it up to scratch. Looking at the other thread, he at least didn't leave because of his articles, only because he's become too busy to maintain both positions. Hopefully the extra time at uni studying what I believe is Journalism will help improve on his future articles' quality.

On a related note, I've begun noticing that various news agencies around the world, CNN, BBC, The Guardian, to name just a few, have begun allowing their writers to be more emotional and less concise/professional in their tone of writing these days. In most cases it amounts to nothing more than sensationalist 'fluff', though it does highlight that there's a portion of the world that's quite obviously becoming more accustomed to less informative and more entertaining articles...

Anyway, Cramer, if you're reading this, good luck at uni.
    flickr | Fecesbook
    I bow to your superior technique of shooting crap in camera then recovering in post!

Good luck to anyone whose ambition it is to please everyone with their writing.
    Last edited by TirNaNog; 13-07-2012 at 09:39 PM.
    Get your 2Gb free Dropbox account

Quote Originally Posted by MyDogHasNoNose View Post
    Good luck to anyone who's ambition it is to please everyone with their writing.
    *whose
    Good luck to me

Quote Originally Posted by abzo View Post
    *whose
    Good luck to me
    Your grammar nazi-ism displeases me
    Get your 2Gb free Dropbox account

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314