Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: RIM will still offer BlackBerry devices with physical keyboards

Default RIM will still offer BlackBerry devices with physical keyboards

RIM will still offer BlackBerry devices with keyboards

Research in Motion Ltd. says future BlackBerry models will still offer physical keyboards...
    ლ(ಠ_ಠ )ლ

Apart from the free connectivity for email etc. the one advantage that BBs have is the physical keyboard. From a practical point of view any woman with long fingernails are just unable to use a touch screen device and therefore they automatically opt for the BB.

As much as an iPhone might be appealing, they simply cannot use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JayN View Post
    Apart from the free connectivity for email etc. the one advantage that BBs have is the physical keyboard. From a practical point of view any woman with long fingernails are just unable to use a touch screen device and therefore they automatically opt for the BB.

As much as an iPhone might be appealing, they simply cannot use it.
    Lol thats not true, infact its the other way around.

To remove the physical keyboard option would be foolish as it's one of the prime reasons why I enjoy my BB so much.
    Neo-Luddite - Permanent Darwin award candidates
    Shaping Explained here
    Do you Oink! ?

Grandmaster
    South of the Jacarandas and north of the Jukskei

I would never own a phone with a keyboard again. But that is me. There are lots of people feeling the opposite way. So I think what RIM is doing is carving their niche to be able to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by zamicro View Post
    I would never own a phone with a keyboard again. But that is me. There are lots of people feeling the opposite way. So I think what RIM is doing is carving their niche to be able to survive.
    The problem is they cannot survive just on current customers they have to grow and they have to appeal to the android and ios folk. The keyboard is dead and so is Blackberry if they don't wake up. Fingernails? How about envy? When no-one else has a keyboard and your phone looks like a beeper with a keyboard you are going to jump ship. My sister in law was a die hard blackberry fan. Then she got a galaxy tab now she doesn't want anything to do with blackberry, she wants touch interface. So my thought is when the game changes get good at the new game, don't try to convince peoplethe old game is still worth playing. My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmik View Post
    To remove the physical keyboard option would be foolish as it's one of the prime reasons why I enjoy my BB so much.
    Absolutely!

The physical keypad is the only thing that will keep me with Blackberry!

Quote Originally Posted by nalu View Post
    The problem is they cannot survive just on current customers they have to grow and they have to appeal to the android and ios folk. The keyboard is dead and so is Blackberry if they don't wake up. Fingernails? How about envy? When no-one else has a keyboard and your phone looks like a beeper with a keyboard you are going to jump ship. My sister in law was a die hard blackberry fan. Then she got a galaxy tab now she doesn't want anything to do with blackberry, she wants touch interface. So my thought is when the game changes get good at the new game, don't try to convince peoplethe old game is still worth playing. My 2 cents.
    I think there are a lot of people who just haven't tried getting used to an all touch interface, but there will always be people who enjoy a physical keyboard.

But even my friends say that BB is rather slow compared to the other OSs. They just don't know it until they've worked on the others for a bit.

Nah I definitely prefers buttons u can actually touch, I had a nokia touch screen for a few months. Never got used to it. Not for me again

Physical keyboard is one of the main reasons for me staying with BB.
    Touch screens are bloody useless and I am also taking about tablets.
    I have big hands and fingers and these bloody touchscreens make me mad !!

Marine, I know the feeling. My fingers aren't exactly small lol