Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Two SIMs, same number

Default Two SIMs, same number

Is there a way of having two SIMs with the same number (not necessarily simultaneously)? For example, if you need to use a micro-SIM in an iPhone and a normal SIM in another device, and you swap between the devices frequently.

Joziburg. Home Of Broadband Sloth Racing...
    Blog Entries

I've been wanting this for ages now, so that I have a spare in another phone should it become necessary. Last time I asked the Vodacom employee just stared at me like I'd just chopped off his mother's tail...
    Internet the way it was meant to be. Launch details will become Crystal Clear very soon...

Yip

I have one in my BB a second sim in my iPhone, calls are routed to whichever handset is on.

Thanks guys...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haldex View Post
    Yip

I have one in my BB a second sim in my iPhone, calls are routed to whichever handset is on.
    Really? How did you arrange this? I tried in a Vodacom store and they told me it was impossible. That was about 2 years ago. Last year when I checked again they had no clue what I was talking about - they tried to do a sim-swap.

What if they're both on?
    Internet the way it was meant to be. Launch details will become Crystal Clear very soon...

Grandmaster
    Stellenbosch, Republic of the Western Cape

It's possible now, one of my colleague has two phones (diff sim) with the same number, on vodacom
    --
    ADSL Line: 10Mbps via Afrihost 100Mb Capped

Keep Calm And Engage Low Range

Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    Really? How did you arrange this? I tried in a Vodacom store and they told me it was impossible. That was about 2 years ago. Last year when I checked again they had no clue what I was talking about - they tried to do a sim-swap.

What if they're both on?
    Ive had both on, but never received a call so not sure what would happen.
    Its billed as a twin sim or twin call.
    Its a free service, no monthly fees just pay for the sim and the activation.

Its quite cool, to check my BBMs I switch the iPhone to flight mode, switch the BB on, let everything load, when im done, switch the BB off, then flight mode off.
    The only thing to worry about is the twin sim has its own number when dialing out, but receives calls on your main number, tricky when sending an SMS and you get a reply like "who are you" lol

Blog Entries

Finally, we can receive phone calls in stereo...

it's called a Dual-Sim, i arrange this for my company all the time, just ask your provider, they should be able to do it

Default Twin Sim OR Data Sim

Hi all

you can do this one of two ways:

1. Twin Sim - this allocates a "ghost number" to the second sim, so if your dialing from that sim, it will show up on caller line identity as a different number. If a person dials either your primary sim or the second sim (ghost number) the sim that was switched on last will ring... Generally not advisable to have both sim's on at the same time as it can interfer with some service (sms delivery / voicemail etc).

2. Data Sim - this add another sim to your account which is then used expressly for data, ideal if you want to use for example a Blackberry only for email and another phone for calls (or an Phone / Tablet combo)

But in essence you dont get "two sim's, same number" for just voice calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Is there a way of having two SIMs with the same number (not necessarily simultaneously)? For example, if you need to use a micro-SIM in an iPhone and a normal SIM in another device, and you swap between the devices frequently.
    My micro sim works fine in my bb. Just line up the gold bits. I swap when i need to.

Grandmaster

Its called dual sim... I know MTN and Cellc does it, One is primary, when somebody calls you and the primary sim is on, it will ring first for a few times then the second sim will ring. both same number.

http://www.mtn.co.za/MTNSERVICES/CAL.../DualCall.aspx

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by MOwrt View Post
    My micro sim works fine in my bb. Just line up the gold bits. I swap when i need to.
    Don't you just love the time a BB takes to start up...?

Quote Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
    Don't you just love the time a BB takes to start up...?
    I usually try and fill that time with something. Like pulling my finger nails out

Blog Entries

This is great to know. Thanks guys...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast