Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast

Thread: New site design & logo

Smile New site design & logo

Hi folks

You may have noticed that the main site has been improved and that we are sporting a brand new logo. I hope you agree that it is an improvement

Any feedback and suggestions will be appreciated. If you find any bugs please let us know. We have tested the site in IE, FF and Opera, but there are always some bugs that slip through…

Regards,

RPM
    Last edited by rpm; 06-05-2006 at 04:50 AM.

I like it! I think it's a very nice improvement. You've kept most of the navigation in place so it's really cool. Well done

Love it, good work!

Nice
    IF I STOP BEATING IT THEN I WILL HAVE TO PUT ON A DRESS AND PICK DAISIES ALL DAY LONG, WHILE HUMMING THE THEME SONG OF LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE

Super Grandmaster

Thumbs up

Houston, we haaaave a facelift!

Looks great. Still has the appeal of the previous design just a bit more mod.
    I like it.
    Seems that the poll results are also hidden initially at least until you have voted so as not to influence, great.
    Last edited by Sneeky; 06-05-2006 at 08:47 AM.
    "Never buy a black torch"

Sneeky

Looks good.

See that the 'favicons' for board & main site still blank (in IE7 & Opera9) ... would have thought they would have been sorted with facelift?
    Last edited by Roman4604; 06-05-2006 at 08:46 AM.
    Still here ... FTL drives offline

lekka like a cracker
    "If the ANC does to you what the apartheid government did to you, then you must do to the ANC what you did to the apartheid government." Nelson Mandela

Default About.

Hello RPM,

First thing I noticed this morning when I logged on.
    Very nice. I like it.

I think the About page could be worked on a bit more?

The MyADSL Logo on the Forum page should point back to the main page?
    If you are posting in the forum there is no quick visible link back to the main page. I found only one link at the bottom of the forum page.
    As the homepage is the most attractive page we should have more links pointing back to it? The MyADSL Logo at the top may be the best position IMO.

Good Work RPM!
    You can take Telkom out of the Post Office but you can't take the Post Office out of Telkom.
    Quote Originally Posted by bekdik View Post
    Expecting a corporate to do something out of a spirit of goodwill is about as efective as expecting to win a lottery without purchasing a ticket. It ain't gonna happen!

Quote Originally Posted by BTTB
    I think the About page could be worked on a bit more?
    Good point - though from now on I'll be referring to rpm as The General or General rpm.

I'd fix the position of the logo into the corner - without the banner ads it flies to the center and looks odd.

I'm still undecided about the new logos - we bwanas fear change

Otherwise - good work General - carry on.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

Grandmaster

Default Like it

But was a bit confused at first, thought i landed on a wrong page

http://www.freestuff.za.net
    No Signature for the moment

Looks very nice! What would be awesome is if the forum itself had the same theme as the rest.. nice & up to date.
    Telkom go google go!

Hi guys

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Sneeky: Poll results are indeed hidden until someone has voted. This was one of the major changes. Also a better RSS feed (latest 15 articles)…

Bwana: Thanks for the feedback regarding the logo: fixed. I clean forgot about the banner blockers… I will definitely fix the about, speed-test etc.

BTTB: Very good point, but do you think the forum logo should point pack to the main page? I generally use the forum logo for returning to the forum index, and have a feeling other do to. I will work on something else that may be better.

Thanks a bunch for the feedback. It is really valuable!

BTW: We have some promotional MyADSL gear which will go to members. More details later…

Regards,

RPM

Super Grandmaster

Its really awesome, please install another skin for the forum. Something like the main page. This light blue makes me feel sick
    "When Life Gives You Questions, Google has Answers - AJ Carpio"
    ~ Twitter: MrG_SA ~

Quote Originally Posted by rpm
    BTTB: Very good point, but do you think the forum logo should point pack to the main page? I generally use the forum logo for returning to the forum index, and have a feeling other do to. I will work on something else that may be better.
    I am not sure?
    At the moment it points back to itself, whereas the Main Page has a link clearly visible to the forum, but we need a link on the forum back to the main page. The link at the bottom is the only link to the main page at the moment. A bit obscure?
    The forum page is the "index" and the main page is "nephp/?".
    Suggestion: A link next to "New Posts" on the forum might be a good spot? Not sure if that is possible with the VBulletin software?

I was taking a look at the futuremark forum and their logo points back to their main page.
    Maybe that forum could give you some ideas? I recall showing you that forum some time back and you thought it had potential at the time? Cannot recall your exact comment, but it was something along those lines?
    I notice they have also moved over to VBulletin now and are running the same version as us.

One last comment.
    I cannot say the new MyADSL Logo grabs me.
    Last edited by BTTB; 06-05-2006 at 12:02 PM.
    You can take Telkom out of the Post Office but you can't take the Post Office out of Telkom.
    Quote Originally Posted by bekdik View Post
    Expecting a corporate to do something out of a spirit of goodwill is about as efective as expecting to win a lottery without purchasing a ticket. It ain't gonna happen!

Hi BTTB

I have added a link to the main page in the forum, and will try to add other relevant links.

Logo: The design process was arduous, and I think Antowan and IC will agree that this was the best we could come up with. We can however change again in time…just needed something new for now. The idea is that the ‘voice box’ will be changed for separate sections…in time. I agree that it is not great…nothing like the Hellkom’s logo. But then again, how can we compete against Mad's logo

Regards,

RPM
    Quote Originally Posted by BTTB
    I am not sure?
    At the moment it points back to itself, whereas the Main Page has a link clearly visible to the forum, but we need a link on the forum back to the main page. The link at the bottom is the only link to the main page at the moment. A bit obscure?
    The forum page is the "index" and the main page is "nephp/?".
    Suggestion: A link next to "New Posts" on the forum might be a good spot? Not sure if that is possible with the VBulletin software?

I was taking a look at the futuremark forum and their logo points back to their main page.
    Maybe that forum could give you some ideas? I recall showing you that forum some time back and you thought it had potential at the time? Cannot recall your exact comment, but it was something along those lines?
    I notice they have also moved over to VBulletin now and are running the same version as us.

One last comment.
    I cannot say the new MyADSL Logo grabs me.

Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast