Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 131

Thread: Apple iPad beats Android in tablet sales

  1. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawker View Post
    You mean like folder monitoring?.
    That's my single biggest gripe!

    I mean wtf ... we're in 2012!

    I had a media player in 2002 that was more advanced!

    The other is that I spent many days tagging 'compilation albums' - but it seems it's an Apple thing only, because when I formatted and restarted, I need to do it all over again .... taking up many more days.
    http://www.riverbed.com/

    Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

  2. #47
    Super Grandmaster sand_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    17,059
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

  3. #48
    Super Grandmaster Elimentals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PE
    Posts
    10,820
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    That's my single biggest gripe!

    I mean wtf ... we're in 2012!

    I had a media player in 2002 that was more advanced!

    The other is that I spent many days tagging 'compilation albums' - but it seems it's an Apple thing only, because when I formatted and restarted, I need to do it all over again .... taking up many more days.
    Then you get me, just installed Mint Linux fresh this morning, Sym-linked my music folder from my NAS and Tada!!!

    Oh, you know Banshee can also upload/sync mp3's to iDevices?

    Then again I guess you running windblows.
    Last edited by Elimentals; 06-05-2012 at 08:18 PM.
    .... and thanks for all the fish.

  4. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
    I was going to point out that it's been available for about three(?) years now but really, what's the point.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

  5. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elimentals View Post
    Then again I guess you running windblows.
    Well - my first iDevice is severely flawed and every question on it has the same response :

    I've never come across that ever!
    Steve never intended it for that purpose!
    Who cares? No one uses it!

    I did want a Mac - but I'd hate within days of spending R20k to be told that no one cares when I hit my first issue of opening a file, editing a photo or minimising a page. Windows is at least functional
    http://www.riverbed.com/

    Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

  6. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elimentals View Post
    Then you get me, just installed Mint Linux fresh this morning, Sym-linked my music folder from my NAS and Tada!!!

    Oh, you know Banshee can also upload/sync mp3's to iDevices?

    Then again I guess you running windblows.
    I don't want to have to use an "app" to copy my music to my tablet.

    I want to plug it it, oooh look its listed as a removable drive, copy paste.

  7. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    I did want a Mac - but I'd hate within days of spending R20k to be told that no one cares when I hit my first issue of opening a file, editing a photo or minimising a page. Windows is at least functional
    What are you on about this time?
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

  8. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    I was going to point out that it's been available for about three(?) years now but really, what's the point.
    Only 7 years behind - but not quite as users friendly as the old software I had.

    The old software had a menu 'watch folder' and everything within in it was either added or deleted - with no issues. Apple isn't quite the same .... and looking at the link I see :

    Tunes does not delete files from the Not Added folder. You should occasionally review the contents of this folder and delete or convert these files.


    Not quite the same, but it is getting there I guess
    http://www.riverbed.com/

    Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

  9. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    What are you on about this time?
    I'm just saying I'd hate to spend the money to find an issue, after I get rid of my primary PC

    Software developers developing for both platforms have told me to keep a PC on hand, as I'll be sorry .... and seeing the iPad issues, I am a little worried about solely relying on Apple
    http://www.riverbed.com/

    Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

  10. #55
    Super Grandmaster Elimentals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PE
    Posts
    10,820
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawker View Post
    I don't want to have to use an "app" to copy my music to my tablet.

    I want to plug it it, oooh look its listed as a removable drive, copy paste.
    Can do that as well, just have an option to manage playlists on Banshee. Oh and this goes for both my Android and iOS devices :P

    If you running windows you might wanna look at transcopy They have a way to copy your Music off the device as well, http://www.copytrans.net/copytrans.php

    Have some Windows friends that use this instead of iTunes.
    .... and thanks for all the fish.

  11. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    I'm just saying I'd hate to spend the money to find an issue, after I get rid of my primary PC

    Software developers developing for both platforms have told me to keep a PC on hand, as I'll be sorry .... and seeing the iPad issues, I am a little worried about solely relying on Apple
    If they knew what they were talking about they'd have told you can run windows natively on a mac. . .
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

  12. #57
    Super Grandmaster sand_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    17,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    Well - my first iDevice is severely flawed and every question on it has the same response :
    The only response you got from me was jailbreak. Each and every one of your issues with the iPad has been addressed by the jailbreaking community. Jailbreaking adds 15%-20% more functionality to your iDevice. It is a completely different device jailbroken and when 5.1 is cracked do yourself (but mostly us) a favour and free your pad...
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

  13. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    If they knew what they were talking about they'd have told you can run windows natively on a mac. . .
    On that topic, is it possible to reformat the disk on an Macbook Air and to install Windows 7 ?

    I am thinking of buying a Macbook Air for Windows, but I need all the space that I can get and don't want OS X (or any other Apple or third party software) on the computer (at all).
    Last edited by Jola; 06-05-2012 at 08:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flarkit View Post
    It's as if SANRAL is the little handle being used to start flushing SA's economy straight down the sewerage pipes.

  14. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post

    Tunes does not delete files from the Not Added folder. You should occasionally review the contents of this folder and delete or convert these files.
    the not added folder contains incompatible files the user tries to import. Would you really want the 100 page report you'd been working on automatically deleted if it somehow got dropped in that folder along with your Mp3's?
    Last edited by bwana; 06-05-2012 at 10:40 PM.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

  15. #60
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    8,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
    do yourself (but mostly us) a favour and free sell your pad...
    FTFY

    Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    the not added folder contains incompatiblefilesmthe user tries to import. Would you really want the 100 page report you'd been working on automatically deleted if it somehow got dropped in that folder along with your Mp3's?
    Don't come here with your practical and common sense tendencies...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •