Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: A Builder in Cape town?

Default A Builder in Cape town?

I'm looking for a decent builder in Cape Town for a refurbishment of my kitchen and bathroom. I want to swap the location of the bathroom an kitchen, so it will involve some demolition, building of walls, possibly foundations within the existing envelope, plumbing, electrics, tiling, etc. It's most likely that the joinery will be handled directly through a joiner.

I need a reasonably-priced, neat builder. The house is semi-detached, so the only access to the back of the house, where the works will take place, is via the front door.

Any recommendations?

I had a guy come in and remove a bathroom and sink some electrical stuff into the walls.

He's a nice guy, not a perfectionist but pretty good (not sure if you can get perfection ever!). He is also cheap and trustworthy. He has a team that includes builders, plumbers, electrician etc.

I'll PM contact details.

Super Grandmaster

sorry about the thread revival but i need a builder to break through for a doorway. was this recommended guy any good?

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Timb View Post
    I'm looking for a decent builder in Cape Town for a refurbishment of my kitchen and bathroom. I want to swap the location of the bathroom an kitchen, so it will involve some demolition, building of walls, possibly foundations within the existing envelope, plumbing, electrics, tiling, etc. It's most likely that the joinery will be handled directly through a joiner.

I need a reasonably-priced, neat builder. The house is semi-detached, so the only access to the back of the house, where the works will take place, is via the front door.

Any recommendations?
    I can recommend a good joiner.

My experience with builders not so good. They got the job done but I had to get someone else to fix a few stuff-ups. Lesson learned: do not pay until you are 100% satisfied with what they have done.

Super Grandmaster

Don't pay any deposits of any kind. Go and buy the materials with him. Get references get references get real references. This city is infested with the bakkie brigade of builders and there's always a problem of some kind and the job always ends up costing more than the budget so allow for over runs.
    Sent from a Querty device in the back of a black van

Quote Originally Posted by grantza View Post
    I am more exited than a pedophile in a wendy house !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hosehead View Post
    Don't pay any deposits of any kind. Go and buy the materials with him. Get references get references get real references. This city is infested with the bakkie brigade of builders and there's always a problem of some kind and the job always ends up costing more than the budget so allow for over runs.
    Very good advice.

Super Grandmaster

any names in cape town?