Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: Cell C screwed me, it looks like

  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    Hi

    You got a pre - paid that you pay once off as we know.
    And got a post paid (contract). just like any other contract after the contract period,
    It will go to month to month with a 30 day cancellation period.
    this is across all carriers. This is a standard contract clause.

    duke please pm me you contract number, let me see if can arrange anything.

    Regards
    ~AM~
    And also against CPA so therefore illegal.

  2. #17

    Default

    I spoke to a salesperson the other day at Cell C, and she seems to think the whole thing is one huge foul up - the first one who actually seems to know what she's talking about, out of about 4 or 5 people at Cell C I've spoken to. She said it's normal to get a 13th month on prepaid (her words), and that with prepaid it should just fall off at the end of the last month and there's none of this being strung along and having to pay the rates for 5GB p/m that exist now (R450 instead of R250 - less if you got the deal without the modem). She said all this business of signing a termination of contract form and so on is rubbish.

    I don't owe anyone anything it looks like. I paid everything I had to pay.

  3. #18
    Cell C Representative Cell_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duk3 View Post
    I spoke to a salesperson the other day at Cell C, and she seems to think the whole thing is one huge foul up - the first one who actually seems to know what she's talking about, out of about 4 or 5 people at Cell C I've spoken to. She said it's normal to get a 13th month on prepaid (her words), and that with prepaid it should just fall off at the end of the last month and there's none of this being strung along and having to pay the rates for 5GB p/m that exist now (R450 instead of R250 - less if you got the deal without the modem). She said all this business of signing a termination of contract form and so on is rubbish.

    I don't owe anyone anything it looks like. I paid everything I had to pay.
    Good Day duk3

    Please could you provide me with this lady details, Will like to call her.
    As there is a cancellation period of one month when month to month.
    It's better to correct this info as don't want to get customer miss informed.
    So will follow up wit her as to where to got info from.

    REgards
    Armando

  4. #19
    Super Grandmaster ginggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Good-w00t! Cape Town
    Posts
    9,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    As there is a cancellation period of one month when month to month.
    OP is on prepaid. There is no cancellation.

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    Good Day duk3

    Please could you provide me with this lady details, Will like to call her.
    As there is a cancellation period of one month when month to month.
    It's better to correct this info as don't want to get customer miss informed.
    So will follow up wit her as to where to got info from.

    REgards
    Armando
    Have you actually read this thread? Both your posts come across as extremely careless as to YOUR customer's situation.

  6. #21

    Default

    All I can say is I'm getting tired of all this. Nowhere did it say that I had to provide a cancellation notice. Did anyone else who took a prepaid deal from Cell C have to do this? It would have been nice for them to have at least sent me an SMS telling me that I was getting close to the expiration of my 60 GB deal and that I must provide notice. Can I recommend Cell C do this in future for their customers? I wasn't told at any time, and I haven't read this anywhere. I'd like to know where this is written or printed. It's not on any documents or terms of service papers I have.

    I'm seriously thinking about where to go with this; what my options are. I'm going to fight this. It's just the principle of the matter.
    Last edited by duk3; 06-06-2012 at 09:34 PM.

  7. #22

    Default

    I'm a bit confused here...

    Did you pay upfront R2999 or did you pay R250 per month?

    If you paid upfront R2999 and they don't have your banking details, then you have nothing to worry about.

    I got the same Prepaid promo on the 17 November 2010 and the SIM expired on the 1st December 2011.

    I then loaded the 3G R399/365day voucher and it still works today.

    Last year in late April I purchased one of Cell Cs 5 GB/PM X 12 deals for R2999 on prepaid.
    Inside the prepaid data bundle deal I was paying about R250 a month for 5 GB of data.

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duk3 View Post
    Last year in late April I purchased one of Cell Cs 5 GB/PM X 12 deals for R2999 on prepaid. The sim was activated the following day, on the 1st of May, 2011.
    once again...... RELAX..... you have NOTHING to worry about.....

    PM Armando the above quote if you still have doubts
    -------- e-tolling is a new tax, with added VAT! Don't support corruption, don't get an e-tag! and don't pay! -------

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duk3 View Post
    I paid R2999 for the modem and 12 months worth of data no more. Inside the prepaid data bundle deal I was paying about R250 a month for 5 GB of data.
    You saying you were getting 10GB/month having paid R2999 cash for Modem and 5GB/month data and R250/month for another 5GB data? Was the 'about R250' to top up data?

    If all you paid was R2999 cash for modem and 5GB/month, then perhaps (with the first month free) you ended up further confused when discussing the situation with the salesman who must have been thinking contract.

  10. #25

    Default

    Okay, let me explain. I paid R2999 upfront for the prepaid deal, and got 5GB per month for 12 months plus a modem. But, at the end of the 12th month, when it should have fallen off, I got a 13th month. Now the salesperson I spoke to most recently said this is normal. Ginggs will confirm, as he posted about this earlier. Sometimes when you signed up at the end of the month, you got a 13th month free - even the guy who sold it to me told me this.

    The R250 I was talking about was the amount you pay per month inside a bundle. Basically what I was trying to say is that R2999 divided by 12 equals nearly R250. In fact seeing as it was 13 months (beginning of May 2011 until the end of May 2012), it's about R230. This wasn't a contract deal or a top up. Forget it. It's irrelevant. That's caused a bit of confusion, and I'm sorry about that.

    R300 was what you paid per month on contract, and it was R3600 total including modem. I definitely had a prepaid deal. I paid by debit card. They might not have my banking details, but they have my address (copy of ID document). As the other poster above says that his fell off at the end of the month and he didn't have to pay extra, I will expect to do the same: pay nothing extra. Otherwise, Cell C has a warped view of what prepaid is. Pay before. Not during; not after.

    Because I was worried about having data loaded on to my sim for a 13th month, I went through a whole process of having to sign a termination of contract form, having my sim converted to a prepaid sim (which it all ready was, I thought). Then the airtime window was closed or not extended so I couldn't use the data that was loaded on to my sim for the 13th month. I phoned the speedstick technical dept., and the guy extended the airtime window (what he referred to it as). Then at the end of May/beginning of June I got an sms telling me that the data bundle had expired.

    That same day I went and bought a new deal from Cell C for R1299 - 2 GB of data per month for 12 months. Let's hope I don't go through the same process again. Honestly, I would have gone with 8ta after all this, but no 8ta coverage where I live, and MTN and Vodacom don't offer any good prepaid deals (unless you count 2GB that has to last 2 months - I'm not sure if you can top up or anything).
    Last edited by duk3; 08-06-2012 at 12:10 AM.

  11. #26
    Super Grandmaster ginggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Good-w00t! Cape Town
    Posts
    9,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duk3 View Post
    Let's hope I don't go through the same process again. Honestly, I would have gone with 8ta after all this, but no 8ta coverage where I live, and MTN and Vodacom don't offer any good prepaid deals (unless you count 2GB that has to last 2 months - I'm not sure if you can top up or anything).
    You brought it all on yourself.

  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duk3 View Post
    Okay, let me explain. I paid R2999 upfront for the prepaid deal, and got 5GB per month for 12 months plus a modem. But, at the end of the 12th month, when it should have fallen off, I got a 13th month. Now the salesperson I spoke to most recently said this is normal. Ginggs will confirm, as he posted about this earlier. Sometimes when you signed up at the end of the month, you got a 13th month free - even the guy who sold it to me told me this.

    The R250 I was talking about was the amount you pay per month inside a bundle. Basically what I was trying to say is that R2999 divided by 12 equals nearly R250. In fact seeing as it was 13 months (beginning of May 2011 until the end of May 2012), it's about R230. This wasn't a contract deal or a top up. Forget it. It's irrelevant. That's caused a bit of confusion, and I'm sorry about that.

    R300 was what you paid per month on contract, and it was R3600 total including modem. I definitely had a prepaid deal. I paid by debit card. They might not have my banking details, but they have my address (copy of ID document). As the other poster above says that his fell off at the end of the month and he didn't have to pay extra, I will expect to do the same: pay nothing extra. Otherwise, Cell C has a warped view of what prepaid is. Pay before. Not during; not after.

    Because I was worried about having data loaded on to my sim for a 13th month, I went through a whole process of having to sign a termination of contract form, having my sim converted to a prepaid sim (which it all ready was, I thought). Then the airtime window was closed or not extended so I couldn't use the data that was loaded on to my sim for the 13th month. I phoned the speedstick technical dept., and the guy extended the airtime window (what he referred to it as). Then at the end of May/beginning of June I got an sms telling me that the data bundle had expired.

    That same day I went and bought a new deal from Cell C for R1299 - 2 GB of data per month for 12 months. Let's hope I don't go through the same process again. Honestly, I would have gone with 8ta after all this, but no 8ta coverage where I live, and MTN and Vodacom don't offer any good prepaid deals (unless you count 2GB that has to last 2 months - I'm not sure if you can top up or anything).
    You appear to have made things very complicated for yourself here.

    I got the same R2999 prepaid deal, and got 5GB per month for 12 months.

    At the end of the 12 months I didn't get anymore data - it was finished.
    I didn't have to do anything, no cancellation or termination required.
    It was prepaid and that was that.

    As for the 13th month - what happened to me was this: I bought the bundle on the 20th of June (I cant remember the exact month) but CellC only started counting the 12 months from the 1 July, although they gave me full internet access for the remaining 10 days of June, it was a 'freebie' - my 12 months started on the 1 July - perhaps that's the confusion here?

  13. #28

    Default

    @ginngs: Perhaps I did. If I'd just left it, I would have been fine. But come on - part of it was due to the incompetence of one or two floor salesmen at Cell C. If I'd spoken to the one who knew what was going on first, it would have been "thank you very much, goodbye" and that would have been that.

    @demiurge: I bought the package deal on 30 April, 2011. It was activated on May 1, 2011 per my request, because I didn't want it being activated in April and losing a whole month. The end of the 12th month was 30 April, 2012. When another 5 GB of data was loaded, that's when I started to get a little concerned, but I remembered what they said - sometimes you get a 13th month if you buy at the end of the month or something. But they were supposed to have stopped that sort of thing. Oh, well.

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duk3 View Post
    I remembered what they said - sometimes you get a 13th month if you buy at the end of the month or something. But they were supposed to have stopped that sort of thing. Oh, well.
    That was speculation on the forum. It was explained later by Cell C that package is being activated when you RICA. Everybody gets free Gigs, just some people (like yourself) did RICA at the shop at the time of purchase, then waited till 1st, in result they lost their free Gigs.

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    That was speculation on the forum. It was explained later by Cell C that package is being activated when you RICA. Everybody gets free Gigs, just some people (like yourself) did RICA at the shop at the time of purchase, then waited till 1st, in result they lost their free Gigs.
    The guy who sold the package to me in the first place told me that. And the latest Cell C salesperson I spoke to said the same. And I didn't lose my free Gigs. I'm saying I got a whole month extra. I wanted to know why, and two other salespeople told me I had to cancel, otherwise I would continue to recieve data every month, and be billed for it.

    I'm waiting to see if this bill arrives...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •