Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast

Thread: Super Moon Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    None with a reflection off the ocean?
    No - wrong direction for that.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    None with a reflection off the ocean?
    Was to lazy to go to the beach with rig in tow

Yeah yeah, I know way to much ISO... was trying to get a sharper image but I think 800 is way to much... Joke is I have my camera set up oustside plugged into my android tablet and controlling it from my PC

Told you I am lazy tonight.....
    .... and thanks for all the fish.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    Adding mine in this thread ... more appropriate

EDIT : We have clear skies and I used 100 ISO

Very cool pic.

Bit off topic but what is a decent camera to get? I don't know a whole lot about the models.

Blog Entries

I wish the dam clouds/mist or whatever that crap is in the air, can go away so I can continue playing

Blog Entries

Oh well the odd mist just does not wanna go away so this is about the best I can do tonight

Supermoon Bullseye.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    Supermoon Bullseye.

Yep thats the dam mist I am talking about, can not focus with that crap all over the night sky

Nice pic though...

Quote Originally Posted by Elimentals View Post
    Yep thats the dam mist I am talking about, can not focus with that crap all over the night sky

Nice pic though...
    You could do what most people seem to be doing and just max out the sharpness slider!

I was more interested in the ring than the moon itself. I don't recall ever seeing it before, at least not as pronounced.
    Ron White was right

These are just pics of the moon like it would look on any other day?

Supermoon needs context and scale, I saw these which were quite neat: http://www.news24.com/Multimedia/Wor...rmoon-20120507

Nice photo, koeksGHT! The odd mist was a little irritating but I already saw many great clean moon shots.

This was my attempt from last night, not as sharp as some of the others.

I took it at 300mm , 100 ISO, f/5.6 , 1/320 on my Canon EOS 1100D...

Is it due to the lower pixel ratio than the more upmarket DSLR`s or did i do someting wrong ???
    iPhone 4
    iMac 20"
    iPad2
    13" MacBook Air

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Acydebyte View Post

Is it due to the lower pixel ratio than the more upmarket DSLR`s or did i do someting wrong ???
    From my side you did great, not that I am a pro or anything, but as a fellow noob I know how hard it is to get a decent shot like the pro's in here.
    Oh and my 450D with 300mm is just about the same gear, only thing where I had a little help was with focus, I used an Android tablet with DSLR Controller via USB to focus

Last Midnight shot of the Moon Monday.
    Nikon D600/D7100, Nikon 70-200mm /2.8G VRII , 105mm /2.8 VRII, 85mm /1.8G, 50mm /1.8G, SB-700/400, YN560III, Tamron 24-70mm /2.8VC, Sigma 15-30mm /3.5-4.5

Quote Originally Posted by Acydebyte View Post

Hi

I'm not a pro, but in my humble experience shooting the moon I can recommend you try the following:

You should try shooting at higher f-stops.
    The higher the aperture the more depth of field you will have.
    You should get better detail on the moon.
    I also have a 1100D and I believe you can push it up to f/22 with a 300mm lens.
    Just remember that increasing the aperture you will get less light, so you need to compensate with either decreasing your shutter speed or shooting at higher iso's.
    Since you have to shoot fast, because the moon is moving (your 1/320 seems to be fine), you are only left with shooting at a higher iso. (maybe 200 or 400).

Also try focusing manually with the lens then switching the display on at the back of your camera.
    There you can zoom into your picture I believe up to 10x to double check that you are 100% in focus.

Hope this helps you or someone to some extend.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rk0 View Post
    Hi

I'm not a pro, but in my humble experience shooting the moon I can recommend you try the following:

You should try shooting at higher f-stops.
    The higher the aperture the more depth of field you will have.
    You should get better detail on the moon.
    I also have a 1100D and I believe you can push it up to f/22 with a 300mm lens.
    Just remember that increasing the aperture you will get less light, so you need to compensate with either decreasing your shutter speed or shooting at higher iso's.
    Since you have to shoot fast, because the moon is moving (your 1/320 seems to be fine), you are only left with shooting at a higher iso. (maybe 200 or 400).

Also try focusing manually with the lens then switching the display on at the back of your camera.
    There you can zoom into your picture I believe up to 10x to double check that you are 100% in focus.

Hope this helps you or someone to some extend.
    Enjoy.

Ron White was right

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast