Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Access Intenet on Blackberry via Wifi and no BIS

Default Access Intenet on Blackberry via Wifi and no BIS

Hi Guys

I read this article here http://www.blackberrytune.com/how-to...out-data-plan/

will it work in South africa ?

Thank

DD

Huh? I don't quite see the benefit.

The thing that makes BIS slow is the pipe from vodacom/MTN to the BB servers overseas. So if you run it over wifi & adsl the slow portion is bypassed without any need to fiddle with settings beyond setting up the wifi.

Edit: Maybe the <OS 7 Blackberrys work differently though or there is some extra benefit that I'm not seeing.

Either way it'll run through Opera's servers too if your using Opera mini.

Also, you'll pay for the data @R2 per meg if you bypass BIS but don't use wifi, but you prob already know that.
    Last edited by HavocXphere; 05-05-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    Man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote Originally Posted by dd1313 View Post
    Hi Guys

I read this article here http://www.blackberrytune.com/how-to...out-data-plan/

will it work in South africa ?

Thank

DD
    yes it does work (tested on my sisters crap berry) but dont see the benefit, as it still cost you -not on you bb but on whose ever wifi you using - unless you in Stellenbosch and using the free wifi offered there the rest of the country doesn't have that - also bbm doesn't work via wifi (unless that's changed recently)
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!