Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: mweb uncapped hosting dilema

Default mweb uncapped hosting dilema

i recently purchased uncapped hosting from mweb ( 4 days ago) however when using the ftp details combined with the design software to publish the website, it cannot be found online. The design software says the site was published successfully. yet i cannot find the site.

I used the ip address as the ftp server because the domain name did not want to work.

I can see the site online if I search ftp://usernameassword@ipaddress/index.html, but not if i search for it normally.

Im pretty new at this so any help would be appreciated, as mweb have yet to get back to me.

thanks in advance.

I registered the domain name right after i signed up and used the ftp details provided by mweb

Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar

Normally takes a good few hours (up to 48 hours, but generally not that long) for dns records to propagate.

What is displayed when you go to the site?
    Praise Zeus!

Nothing, I cant view it at all, the browser just says the address cannot be found. Unless I type the fpt:// address with the ip address. Then I can view the entire site, every page.

Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWDoye View Post
    Nothing, I cant view it at all, the browser just says the address cannot be found. Unless I type the fpt:// address with the ip address. Then I can view the entire site, every page.
    Yep, just give it a few hours.
    Praise Zeus!

i published it yesterday, is it normal for it to take so long?

i published it yesterday, is it normal for it to take so long?
    It shouldn't take that long to the DNS records to update, you are welcome to PM the domain name and I will take a look.

i recently purchased uncapped hosting from mweb ( 4 days ago) however when using the ftp details combined with the design software to publish the website, it cannot be found online. The design software says the site was published successfully. yet i cannot find the site.

I used the ip address as the ftp server because the domain name did not want to work.

I can see the site online if I search ftp://usernameassword@ipaddress/index.html, but not if i search for it normally.

Im pretty new at this so any help would be appreciated, as mweb have yet to get back to me.

thanks in advance.
    " as mweb have yet to get back to me." - the usual.

Usually the Web contents needs to be published to a folder, something like /html, ie not the root folder.