Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Do you think it's worthwhile learning Powershell?

Default Do you think it's worthwhile learning Powershell?

As the title suggests do you think it's worthwhile learning powershell for the average MS administrator?

Any benefits you gain by doing it?

I'd say go for it. You never know when it might be useful. I'm a voice/data network engineer and I never bothered learning it. Right now, I need to learn it. It would do wonders for my job and career
    Money and Sex, Bandwidth and Storage... Only too much is ever enough

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    As the title suggests do you think it's worthwhile learning powershell for the average MS administrator?

Any benefits you gain by doing it?
    Absolutely, apart from automating it is a really powerfull scripting language for Windows Admin. If you know some other scripting language it won't take long.

I come from a Linux background being "forced" to work on Windows now so I always loved the command prompt, powershell made Windows just so much better.

I use PS a LOT. I spend a lot of time with Microsoft System Center products, and I use this more than the GUI most of the time. If you are in a Microsoft environment, or tasked to manage one, I reckon this in an invaluable skill to have.
    Last edited by srothman; 21-06-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Hell yes.

Automation = Less work for same amount of pay (And thats before the other benefits like CV bonus...)

Its a no brainier.
    .... and thanks for all the fish.