Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 45 of 343 FirstFirst ... 354142434445 464748495595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Dom1n8tr1x View Post
    Have a look here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1695238

Everything you need is there.
    I can vouch for CF-Root - works like a charm - and once your rooted install Mobile Odin and never have to reset your flash counter again

This phone is beyond awesome. I just tried the USB audio support, and it works. You don't get a message saying that the device is connected, but when you play a sound, it plays through the USB DAC. So this turns into a pretty awesome portable music player with decent headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ99 View Post
    This phone is beyond awesome. I just tried the USB audio support, and it works. You don't get a message saying that the device is connected, but when you play a sound, it plays through the USB DAC. So this turns into a pretty awesome portable music player with decent headphones.
    Can you explain a little further how this works

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by hawker View Post
    What sort of battery life are you guys getting?
    I'm getting just over 2 days average.

Quote Originally Posted by marine1 View Post
    Can you explain a little further how this works
    Plug in a USB host cable, a USB external sound card/DAC into that, (I used a Xonar U3), and then headphones into that. You then have amplified sound, same as on a desktop/laptop PC.

At the moment I'm sitting on 58% after 1 day 5 hours. But I do have my screen set to auto brightness which does chow the battery somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Necropolis View Post
    At the moment I'm sitting on 58% after 1 day 5 hours. But I do have my screen set to auto brightness which does chow the battery somewhat.
    I don't get quite that much, but I do like to use the phone for an hour before getting up and an hour before bed. However I still manage 20% after a full day's usage, which is fine as long as it last from waking to going to sleep!
    "Don't be a hater, yo. I'm in a jacuzzi."

I am on 13 hours off the charger, and have 79% battery left. Its 11h45 now and basically been off the charger since 22h00 last night. Mobile data usage is always on. When at home it swaps to wifi. Screen brightness fairly low.
    Last edited by Ecco; 11-07-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecco View Post
    I am on 13 hours off the charger, and have 79% battery left. Its 11h45 now and basically been off the charger since 22h00 last night. Mobile data usage is always on. When at home it swaps to wifi. Screen brightness fairly low.
    I think I need to sort out switching blue tooth off and on. NFC is apparently an awesome idea as I only need it in the car!
    "Don't be a hater, yo. I'm in a jacuzzi."

Im on 2 and a half days atm and on 22% I always have wifi and mobile data on. Bluetooth I dont really use to that is off and screen is set to auto brightness.
    A computer programmer is someone who, when told to "Go to Hell", sees
    the "Go to", rather than the destination, as harmful."

Quote Originally Posted by phaktza View Post
    I think I need to sort out switching blue tooth off and on. NFC is apparently an awesome idea as I only need it in the car!
    Yeah - NFC makes tasks like that a pleasure.

I've got an NFC tag on my car keys that toggles bluetooth as well as screen brightness.

One slight let-down with NFC is that by default the phone has to be awake and unlocked for it to work - however there is a mod available that will allow the phone to pickup NFC tags even when the screen is off - Which makes life a lot easier

I only get one full day. Sometimes not even a full day. That's why I have two batteries and a desktop charger.

Wifi on
    GPS on
    Notifications on
    Data on
    Sync on
    Network set to 3G Only
    Using GPS Navigation in the morning and in the evening (Waze is awesome to get the route with the least traffic)
    Screen Brightness set to 70% (was always on 100%)
    Twitter, FB, Flipboard, Instagram, etc...
    Power Saving is off

So how do you guys get more than a day?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE - 4-Oct-13
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - 21-Jan-13
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - 13-Feb-14
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7" - 1-Sept-14

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Piesang View Post
    I only get one full day. Sometimes not even a full day. That's why I have two batteries and a desktop charger.

Wifi on
    GPS on
    Notifications on
    Data on
    Sync on
    Network set to 3G Only
    Using GPS Navigation in the morning and in the evening (Waze is awesome to get the route with the least traffic)
    Power Saving is off

This is how I use it, except 2g/3g. Get 15 hours. With screen on time 25-30 % - also a nature of active usage.

To others writing battery life summarize your usage, otherwise it doesn't mean anything.

I think if you use it like a feature phone it will get you a day and a half.
    Last edited by nadimm; 11-07-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piesang View Post

Wifi on
    GPS on
    Notifications on
    Data on
    Sync on
    Network set to 3G Only
    Power Saving is off

I'm getting 2 days out of it at the moment which is pretty awesome for a smartphone if you ask me.

Wi-fi on (home and work)
    Mobile data - on when not at home/work
    GPS -off
    Sync-off
    Brightness - about 30%

I don't have any widgets either as I've read they can use up battery if they have to update/sync often.

I turned off notifications and sync for almost everything except for my gmail. If I need to check twitter etc I'll update it manually. Not having my phone buzz and flash every 5min is very good and does wonders for my productivity and don't check my phone nearly as often which also helps with the battery life!

Either there's a whole lot of lying going on ITT or people aren't using their phones at all. If you have a Galaxy SIII (or any other modern phone) and it's lasting more than 12 hours between charges, you're doing it wrong.
    ...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.

-Douglas Adams

Page 45 of 343 FirstFirst ... 354142434445 464748495595145 ... LastLast