Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Afrihost - "New" 4mbps Uncapped Account user feedback (500 Users @R397)

Afrihost Representative AfriMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwikslver View Post
    I pay more than that currently for my Gold account that I got on special.

Well over the last year my usage has varied between 50gigs and 220gigs so that should be ok.

I'd still like to test the account out though as Openweb Gold has been nothing but good to me and Afrihost's uncapped past is kinda scary.
    Part of our motto here is to push the boundaries so that the entire industry is forced to improve their products and service. We proved this is possible by introducing R29 per GB, and we hope to do the same now. You can safely get the amounts you've mentioned on the new 4Mbps structure before being throttled at all
    If AfriMan says it, it is so!

Quote Originally Posted by AfriMan View Post
    Part of our motto here is to push the boundaries so that the entire industry is forced to improve their products and service. We proved this is possible by introducing R29 per GB, and we hope to do the same now. You can safely get the amounts you've mentioned on the new 4Mbps structure before being throttled at all
    Thanks Afriman
    So we have confirmation that you can do 220GB without being throttled.For R397 that is exceptional value!

The poster previously known as Qwikslver Chevron's Avatar

That's awesome. So does that mean we might be getting a 6meg account?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwikslver View Post
    That's awesome. So does that mean we might be getting a 6meg account?
    I'll definitely pass the idea on, and I'm sure you can see that we are taking the feedback very seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ajules View Post
    Thanks Afriman
    So we have confirmation that you can do 220GB without being throttled.For R397 that is exceptional value!
    Yes, I've been assured that you'll comfortably move 220Gb without being throttled, and significantly more than that.

Yes, I've been assured that you'll comfortably move 220Gb without being throttled, and significantly more than that.
    That really is incredible value for money and underlines why you are my favorite ISP.Always pushing the boundaries!

The poster previously known as Qwikslver Chevron's Avatar

I'll definitely pass the idea on, and I'm sure you can see that we are taking the feedback very seriously.
    I think the reason no one has done it before is because they think there aren't enough people than can get 6meg to make it worth it.

I think it would be a good angle to get people to try you guys again after the fail uncapped you guys had at first. Would be a good show of commitment to innovation.

I am glad i have one of these accounts

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

WOW!! i forsee Afriman painting replacing "the one that shall not be mentioned's photo" that got defaced and yes , Afriman's ***** is covered

Thank you for taking our feedback so serious.

One quick question, with the upcoming upgrades from Telkom, how will this effect your current products ? Will Afrihost be brave enough to give free upgrades ? (kinda offtopic but i couldn't resist asking).

Please allow me to be the always sceptical typically uptight ugly German now.
    I swapped my 60GB capped for the uncapped account but still wondering how can I get uncapped for much less money without any serious loss in speed or being managed to death. Something just doesn't sum up.
    Where is the hook?
    I'm never wrong, just varying degrees of right.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    WOW!! i forsee Afriman painting replacing "the one that shall not be mentioned's photo" that got defaced and yes , Afriman's ***** is covered

Thank you for taking our feedback so serious.

One quick question, with the upcoming upgrades from Telkom, how will this effect your current products ? Will Afrihost be brave enough to give free upgrades ? (kinda offtopic but i couldn't resist asking).
    That will depend on how Telkom plan to roll out the upgrades. I'll only have more info closer to the time.

Quote Originally Posted by HermanTheGerman View Post
    Please allow me to be the always sceptical typically uptight ugly German now.
    I swapped my 60GB capped for the uncapped account but still wondering how can I get uncapped for much less money without any serious loss in speed or being managed to death. Something just doesn't sum up.
    Where is the hook?
    Uncapped is shaped, that is "normal" protocols are prioritized over others, which are generally used for torrents and P2P. Capped accounts are completely unshaped, on all protocols.

Uncapped is shaped, that is "normal" protocols are prioritized over others, which are generally used for torrents and P2P. Capped accounts are completely unshaped, on all protocols.
    Hi AfriMan,

any word yet on how the gaming side (ping response) is coming?

We would all love to have the lowest possible pings to our game servers!

Thanks again for all the input!

can someone in cape town paste some traceroutes to google.co.za, mybroadband.co.za, hetzner.de and microsoft.com ? latency is quite important for me because i do a lot of SSH'ing to remote servers.

i am using mweb at the moment and not much has come close to my experience with their uncapped product. i do about 100gb a month on a 4mb uncapped account on average, never had any issues with mweb.

how are torrents during the day - can you get at least 80kb/sec in office hours on a 4mb? or is it shaped to hell and sits at 5kb/sec max (as per my previous experience on IS uncapped accounts)?

rather.. do you have 7 day trial accounts?

Mweb better lower their prices soon. If Afrihost can afford this with their margins, I don't see how a bigger company like Mweb can't. Either way it appears that Afrihost has won the 4mb battle for now

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast