Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Thread: Deals; Find 'em, Post 'em, Buy 'em

Tnx PostmanPot, I really value your input, after all you made me buy my Sinotec 47" LCD and I still havent had a single problem with it

I have a query, do I go for the Samsung PS59D550 59" FHD 3D plasma or Hisense 55" Cinema 3D LED? Looking to only buy end of august, so hopefully prices come down a bit. My first choice was the LG 55" Cinema 3D LED, but way out of my price range

Let me know! tnx

PS: will be using it mainly as a PC Monitor via HDMI and for PS3. Watching all movies via PC. TV would make up about 1% viewing time (only when champions league is on E-TV)
    Last edited by Salex; 18-05-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    Boss: "If you don't come in on Friday, don't bother coming in on Monday
    Homer Simpson: "WOOHOO, Four-day Weekend!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Salex View Post
    Tnx PostmanPot, I really value your input, after all you made me buy my Sinotec 47" LCD and I still havent had a single problem with it

I have a query, do I go for the Samsung PS59D550 59" FHD 3D plasma or Hisense 55" Cinema 3D LED? Looking to only buy end of august, so hopefully prices come down a bit. My first choice was the LG 55" Cinema 3D LED, but way out of my price range

Let me know! tnx

PS: will be using it mainly as a PC Monitor via HDMI and for PS3. Watching all movies via PC. TV would make up about 1% viewing time (only when champions league is on E-TV)
    Hey. Glad to hear you are still enjoying the LCD TV I advised you on purchasing some time ago.

Could you elaborate on using as a PC Monitor? Will you be using it for work i.e. in Windows/Operating System/docs/spreadsheets/etc? Or purely for gaming/media, perhaps a bit of browsing?

LCD is a better tech for using your TV as a PC screen for work, however if you're just gaming and watching media with the PC, I'd get plasma hands-down.
    SouthBit Data Recovery - www.southbit.co.za
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts
    Quote Originally Posted by cableguy View Post
    Each account is allocated to only 1 x user.

PC gonna be used mainly for Overtime Graphics work (photoshop / Corel Draw) and most of the time would be watching movies. No real spreadsheets, etc. 0% gaming on the pc, using PS3 for that...
    Boss: "If you don't come in on Friday, don't bother coming in on Monday
    Homer Simpson: "WOOHOO, Four-day Weekend!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Salex View Post
    PC gonna be used mainly for Overtime Graphics work (photoshop / Corel Draw) and most of the time would be watching movies. No real spreadsheets, etc. 0% gaming on the pc, using PS3 for that...
    This points to LCD but the problem is you take the risk of going with a cheapie brand that does not have PC Mode and cannot display as a PC Monitor correctly (Samsungs/LGs/Sony's have PC Mode). I would kinda think Hisense have that sorted by now though.

I've used the Samsung PS51D550 as a PC screen and it works well, I prefer LCD though, and you also have to remember that using it with static images for hours will lead to some minor image retention which under extreme circumstances although very unlikely could lead to image burn-in.

As soon as you take out the working in Windows aspect, it's plasma all the way. The LCD will never produce the same picture quality.
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanPot View Post
    This points to LCD but the problem is you take the risk of going with a cheapie brand that does not have PC Mode and cannot display as a PC Monitor correctly (Samsungs/LGs/Sony's have PC Mode). I would kinda think Hisense have that sorted by now though.

I've used the Samsung PS51D550 as a PC screen and it works well, I prefer LCD though, and you also have to remember that using it with static images for hours will lead to some minor image retention which under extreme circumstances although very unlikely could lead to image burn-in.

As soon as you take out the working in Windows aspect, it's plasma all the way. The LCD will never produce the same picture quality.
    On this note, what would you get for your lounge if the only thing you're gonna feed it are coming from XBMC (Win7) and a Bluray player?

Im keen for the LG 47LW4500 but will go plasma if it will prove a better viewing experience.

Or even better 47LW4500 vs PS51D550??

Quote Originally Posted by Subways81 View Post
    Or even better 47LW4500 vs PS51D550??
    It would be good to know what kind of brightness/sunlight the room gets, and when you would be doing the majority of viewing? What distance?

I would take the plasma because I have a dimmer room suitable for HT, especially considering LG's poorer black levels, which is noticeable in dimmer rooms/night time viewing. It has to be a very special LCD to beat the black level/uniformity & natural picture of plasma. I'd also be getting 4" bigger, and size is probably the biggest contributor to viewing experience.
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts

For too bright rooms it's cheaper to buy curtains, for too dark rooms you can add some back lighting, distance is a fallacy as when you buy FHD then considering the grandma's and kids sitting closer on the carpet will get the best view, also it's impossible for the whole family sitting in the center of the viewing area so a wide angle capable TV would work perfect from most angles. The fallacy of the darkest of the darkest is just Bullsheet in>> Bullsheet out as millions who bought LCD/LED are not complaining. Once the TV is properly calibrated the differences in PQ is negligible. So buy what your budget allows and go for best features/size you can afford.

It would be good to know what kind of brightness/sunlight the room gets, and when you would be doing the majority of viewing? What distance?

I would take the plasma because I have a dimmer room suitable for HT, especially considering LG's poorer black levels, which is noticeable in dimmer rooms/night time viewing. It has to be a very special LCD to beat the black level/uniformity & natural picture of plasma. I'd also be getting 4" bigger, and size is probably the biggest contributor to viewing experience.
    Ah, Ok then. The couch is 8 meters away from the TV, measured last night There is a HOOOGE sliding door/windows behind the couch. Worldly layout is like this WEST---TV---COUCH---GLASS DOOR---EAST, so morning sun floods the room, but by about 1pm its pretty shady, still lots of light tho.

I currently have a Sinotec 47" LCD in there, and its done alright for the last 3 years, I figured anything I buy is going to be better than the Sinotec. Its dying, starting to flicker and static images burn in very quickly, and it has no clue what colour black is. I juat want something close to, say, a super AMOled plus display, lol, i weesh.
    Last edited by Subways81; 18-05-2012 at 11:31 AM.

http://www.brandbloggy.co.za/?page_id=231 it covers the BEEG and CHEEP and PASSIVE 3D basis quite well.
    Last edited by Subways81; 18-05-2012 at 11:56 AM.

I currently have a Sinotec 47" LCD in there, and its done alright for the last 3 years, I figured anything I buy is going to be better than the Sinotec. Its dying, starting to flicker and static images burn in very quickly, and it has no clue what colour black is. I juat want something close to, say, a super AMOled plus display, lol, i weesh.
    Just wait for it to break, then get it replaced since it comes with a 5year warranty

Ah, Ok then. The couch is 8 meters away from the TV, measured last night There is a HOOOGE sliding door/windows behind the couch. Worldly layout is like this WEST---TV---COUCH---GLASS DOOR---EAST, so morning sun floods the room, but by about 1pm its pretty shady, still lots of light tho.

Would be great if you can save for the PS59D550 at R15k. 8m is quite a distance, and you are not buying the TV for grandma.
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts

Would be great if you can save for the PS59D550 at R15k. 8m is quite a distance, and you are not buying the TV for grandma.
    59" would be great but the Active 3D is deal breaker, a 2 and a 4 year old live in my house and have absolutely no respect for my shiny stuff.

59" would be great but the Active 3D is deal breaker, a 2 and a 4 year old live in my house and have absolutely no respect for my shiny stuff.
    Active glasses have been going for as little as R50. But okay...
    Electronic Music
    PM me for cheap PC parts

Active glasses have been going for as little as R50. But okay...
    Lol, dont you ... me :P Where did you find them for 50bucks? There is one more reason im passive over active, im very short sighted and wear glasses 18/7 and Ive heard rumour that Active glasses over glasses glasses can be a pain.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast