Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Capitec Online Banking Offline?

Default Capitec Online Banking Offline?

It seems as though the Capitec Online Banking is offline (https://direct.capitecbank.co.za/ibank/) - for about 30 minutes or so already.

Anyone have any idea why?

The regular website still seems to be online.

I got this email from them yesterday -

CAPITECBANK
    Dear Client,An indirect payment has been made into your account from another Bank, in other to process or reverse this situation please do click here to login. During this process,your tokens will be checked and verified.
    Regards,
    CapitecBank Limited 2012

... And I'm not a capitec client

Online Banking back online. There is new pop up window. Make sure you enable pop ups for the Capitec website.
    "World civilization will not be complete until the African has made his full contribution".Honourable M.R. Sobukwe

Quote Originally Posted by ironrod View Post
    Online Banking back online. There is new pop up window. Make sure you enable pop ups for the Capitec website.
    Thanks, I saw now - glad to see it was off for updates. I was worried we were about to see another FNB Blackout scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Charlikins101 View Post

CAPITECBANK
    Dear Client,An indirect payment has been made into your account from another Bank, in other to process or reverse this situation please do click here to login. During this process,your tokens will be checked and verified.
    Regards,
    CapitecBank Limited 2012

Hopeful spammers I suppose, sending you crap like that just in case you are a client

Quote Originally Posted by Charlikins101 View Post

CAPITECBANK
    Regards,
    CapitecBank Limited 2012

I've had this for Nedbank, ABSA, FNB and I don't bank by them either. Just normal SPAM
    Character is how you treat those that can do nothing for you.