As Solitude said (and as youtube has shown me) - there are lots of people out there with this issue on this particular phone (not OS) ..
As much as I love the slickness of the interface and have dabbled in some development for WP - it just got to a point where I was actually missing important calls and having to phone people back rather sheepishly once I got the phone to respond, also it is a mission to try handle voice mail when you can never hit 7 to delete anything
I am not trolling WP7.5 - but perhaps I'll see what WP8 brings, hopefully ...
- a bluetooth stack that is useable with a car kit! (doubtful)
- improved multi-tasking, not 30 minute polls on background threads,
- a phone I can run Skype on (and receive messages, calls while it is in the background)
- a phone that doesn't lock me into "South Africa Mode" because of my LiveID location (try traveling with this to USA - it is just frustrating)
- mass storage mode ; cause frankly a phone is like a usb stick in your pocket - I want to use it as such without running http servers on a machine
and to a lesser extent perhaps a phone that is supported by a company that doesn't think the US is the centre of the world (Local Scout is just awesome in the US - pity it isn't supported in this country)
- sorry WP and HTC - I loved you while you lasted