Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Telkom can't fix area exchange in a week

Default Telkom can't fix area exchange in a week

I struggle to believe this even as I write this. I recently upgraded to an ADSL line with Telkom as service provider - primarily for reliability. Worked well for a few months.

I have now been without a internet connection for a week. Called the call centre 3 times (this takes 20 min every time off course) and they confirmed that the exchange close to me is off and that the entire area is affected.

A week?? Impact on businesses?? If I do not get an acceptable response from someone who can actually do something I will be doing the following:
    1. Start using MWEB as a service provider. I do realize I will still be renting the Telkom line (as I do not have other options), but at least I will be taking business away from Telkom.
    2. The moment I can get Neotel or any other reliable alternative, Telkom will never see me as a customer again.

Oh - and if they have the audacity to charge me for this month I walk as well. I should be sendign them an invoice for my time. Sent from my 3G connection .....

One week? Wow you're optimistic - Douglasdale 011-704xxxx/011-462xxxx has been have issues for almost 2 months now and all they can say is they are planning to upgrade the exchange as it is oversubscribed.

Telkom is replacing all of the DSLAMs in the country with MSANs. I am one of the lucky few on the Douglasdale 011-462-xxxx racks that have been moved to an MSAN, and it works quite nicely.

Hang in there buddy, I know it is painful but tech growth and improvement is exponential. You'll soon be in the green
    I-Rah los Pruzah ahrk Mul
    IMA CHEMICAL ENGINEER WEO
    Agents are people too.
    Just because I'm technically bloody and imperialist doesn't prove anything!

Did you ask them what caused the outage?
    ELO: Here is the news...

Apparently an exchange that is down. Best of all - they had the fault as corrected and had to reopen (although no-one ever contacted me) :-(.

.... so it is a number of people that are impacted.

Super Grandmaster

I've been down for month than a month in the past, and for th last 4 months I can't get more than 40kb download speed on my 4mb line. Telkom just does nothing.
    Everyone's first vi session. ^C^C^X^X^X^XquitqQ!qdammit[esc]qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;:xwhat

My exchange was down for only 2 days, wasn't so bad here in Witbank