Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to register vehicle without papers

Super Grandmaster

Default How to register vehicle without papers

So the douche from whom I purchased my car refuses to give me the car's papers now. Is there ANY legal way in which I can have my car registered in my name without the papers? I do have the sale agreement as well as proof of payment. I want to get this done while I'm suing this prick for conning me. I still owe him R3000 but he refuses to show me that the car's papers are still fine and in order. He threatened to have the car scrapped to code 4 if I don't pay, but I refuse to pay without seeing the papers, which I now believe have been destroyed.

Sue him for everything he owns.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBadger View Post
    Sue him for everything he owns.
    God knows that is my full intention. He screwed up my life and I will not allow justice to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by BLIXEMPIE View Post
    So the douche from whom I purchased my car refuses to give me the car's papers now. Is there ANY legal way in which I can have my car registered in my name without the papers? I do have the sale agreement as well as proof of payment. I want to get this done while I'm suing this prick for conning me. I still owe him R3000 but he refuses to show me that the car's papers are still fine and in order. He threatened to have the car scrapped to code 4 if I don't pay, but I refuse to pay without seeing the papers, which I now believe have been destroyed.
    It's easy enough. But you will need to take the vehicle for a SAPS Clearance. You will also need an affidavit detailing how you obtained the vehicle. In KZN we have a special Affidavit especially for such transactions so enquire at your Registering Authority.

Attach all of these to your RLV forms, include the Sale Agreement. Depending on the set-up in Gauteng all the documents will need to go in to some section for approval. In KZN the approvals section is centralised in Pietermaritzburg although larger RA's such as Durban have an in-house authorisation section.

Not sure what time frame it takes up there either but once the transaction has been authorised you will be able to register and licence the vehicle on your name.

PM me if you have any other queries... although KZN is my specialty lol.

PS. He cannot have the vehicle scrapped in the event that it was sold. Well we refuse to do that here in any event. In the event of a sale the sale must be recorded and not a de-registration.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunSA View Post
    It's easy enough. But you will need to take the vehicle for a SAPS Clearance. You will also need an affidavit detailing how you obtained the vehicle. In KZN we have a special Affidavit especially for such transactions so enquire at your Registering Authority.

Attach all of these to your RLV forms, include the Sale Agreement. Depending on the set-up in Gauteng all the documents will need to go in to some section for approval. In KZN the approvals section is centralised in Pietermaritzburg although larger RA's such as Durban have an in-house authorisation section.

Not sure what time frame it takes up there either but once the transaction has been authorised you will be able to register and licence the vehicle on your name.

PS. He cannot have the vehicle scrapped in the event that it was sold. Well we refuse to do that here in any event. In the event of a sale the sale must be recorded and not a de-registration.
    Thanks for the info. Well, the car is still on his name, so at this point he just doesn't have to say he sold the car to have the registration changed.

EDIT: Which I kind of hope he will do. In that case he committed an act of fraud, and then I will have all I need to have a court force him to repay me AND arrest him.

Super Grandmaster

Is this still the Code 3 Daihatsu?
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
    Yes. Sigh. Worst decision ever.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by BLIXEMPIE View Post
    Yes. Sigh. Worst decision ever.
    Strongs dude, these school fees are a part of life. Makes you wiser and more cautious, doesn't make it any less of a PITA though. Hope Shaun's suggestion sorts you out.

Grandmaster

Must be bloody tempting to insure the thing and set it alight...

Quote Originally Posted by Colin62 View Post
    Must be bloody tempting to insure the thing and set it alight...
    Good luck insuring it without the natis certificate.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    True that. First need the car on my name. 1st thing I'll do is get full insurance. Parts on this car is hecticly expensive and rare.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    I was (of course) speaking purely figuratively.

The way BLIXEMPIE's luck has been running, he'd be arrested for fraud and end up in prison, while still owing the seller money and having no income (or car).

Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
    So kids, what have we learned here?

1. Never buy a code 3 car except if it's for parts.
    2. Test drive the sucker or take it for a AA test.
    3. Make sure the numbers match on the engine / chassis and paperwork
    4. never buy a car without paper work, except if it's for parts.

"Don't be in a hurry, Death will find you." - spiderz, 16/01/2014

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by spiderz View Post
    So kids, what have we learned here?

1. Never buy a code 3 car except if it's for parts.
    2. Test drive the sucker or take it for a AA test.
    3. Make sure the numbers match on the engine / chassis and paperwork
    4. never buy a car without paper work, except if it's for parts.

Hindsight is so crystal clear.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunSA View Post

I've done something similar while I stayed in the East Rand (around 1998), there I had to go to the Benoni branch for a SAPS Clearance (the shady garage I bought from, had lost the cars papers). It took me about two day of travel and begging. You might also get a copy of the car papers from the license department, especially if you have the sale documents.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast