Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Image editing options? Panorama pics

Blog Entries

Default Image editing options? Panorama pics

I wonder if anyone can point me to an app that could fix panorama pics like straiten it a bit (horizon)

Just out of interest question as I was just playing with my Android camera and thought there must be a way to fix this, or is the only way to take better pics in the 1st place?

.... and thanks for all the fish.

When I look at the horizon it's not flat.

Why do photographers want a flat horizon?
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Quote Originally Posted by Elimentals View Post
    I wonder if anyone can point me to an app that could fix panorama pics like straiten it a bit (horizon)

Just out of interest question as I was just playing with my Android camera and thought there must be a way to fix this, or is the only way to take better pics in the 1st place?

The issue here is that you most likely did not rotate the phones camera around its plane of focus... So as you are moving the phone from side to side you shift point of view and perspective slightly. The image stitching software has to then warp the images so that they match up and you end up with skew lines and curved horisons...

What I tried recently is to hold my phone between two fingers and try rotate the camera on one axis without shift the plane of focus. This is one such pic:

Oh and it is also proof that you can get a decent photo using a cellphone camera
    EDPhotography
    Visit my website, Fb page, or my blog for regular photo updates.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Edduck View Post
    The issue here is that you most likely did not rotate the phones camera around its plane of focus... So as you are moving the phone from side to side you shift point of view and perspective slightly. The image stitching software has to then warp the images so that they match up and you end up with skew lines and curved horisons...

What I tried recently is to hold my phone between two fingers and try rotate the camera on one axis without shift the plane of focus. This is one such pic:

Oh and it is also proof that you can get a decent photo using a cellphone camera
    Thanx for the tip, and yeah I held the phone firmly away from me and turning my body.

Will do some practice shots again.

Quote Originally Posted by Edduck View Post

is that tokara? i took a photosynth shot there a while back. beautiful place.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so

Quote Originally Posted by murraybiscuit View Post
    is that tokara? i took a photosynth shot there a while back. beautiful place.
    Jip looking from the Tokara cellar onto Delaire Graff, I recently worked there for a harvest season, made some wine
    EDPhotography
    Visit my website, Fb page, or my blog for regular photo updates.

Horizon distortion is always going to be more noticeable when there's a discernible horizon like a seascape. What software did you do the stitching with? I know photoshop has several different modes that all yield completely different results.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    Horizon distortion is always going to be more noticeable when there's a discernible horizon like a seascape. What software did you do the stitching with? I know photoshop has several different modes that all yield completely different results.
    The phone did it

I just thought there would be something on the market that could level it a bit. Like I said its no biggie just doing it for fun, gonna try Edduck's two finger approach as I think it has a better chance of getting it level.

Besides if I really want it proper I'll take a DSLR + Tripod.