Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: I'm Feeling The Want! MBP...

Question I'm Feeling The Want! MBP...

So, I bought my 15" MacBook Pro last year (its the 2011 Model). 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB Ram, AMD Radeon, bla bla... and after watching the keynote last night, I have an overwhelming feeling of "the want" for the new range I'm sure you guys understand this perfectly. Lucky for me, I'll be in NYC within a month.

So, was wondering... what do you guys think a reasonable price range to sell my 9 month old macbook should be? I'm never sure how to price second hand stuff. Also, it would be great if I could get recommendations of where to sell it. I've just come out of a helluva scam through an ad I placed at gumtree... so am feeling a little burned.

Thanks for the help and advice in advance.

M

R1500. I'll take it.

I bid R1550

I have a better idea... why I don't give it to both of you and then you two can share it on weekends.

M

Grandmaster

One thing about apple... They sure know how to make you feel absolutely bleak when they release the new models!
    i7-2600K | 32GB DDR3 | 120GB SSD | N570GTX+GTX260 | P8P67 Deluxe | HX750W | Antec P193 | G400s
    On the hunt for a Laptop with DDR4...

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by marlinwebster View Post
    So, I bought my 15" MacBook Pro last year (its the 2011 Model). 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB Ram, AMD Radeon, bla bla... and after watching the keynote last night, I have an overwhelming feeling of "the want" for the new range I'm sure you guys understand this perfectly. Lucky for me, I'll be in NYC within a month.
    What feature of the new ones are you after? If it's the newer CPU and graphics, the increase is incremental (despite what their graphs show). I've been watching the Ivy Bridge benchmarks where-ever they crop up, and with the range available right now, it's a pretty slight improvement over their Sandy Bridge counterparts.

I'm sticking with my late 2011 model for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by koffiejunkie View Post
    What feature of the new ones are you after?
    THE SCREEN!!!!!

If it's the newer CPU and graphics, the increase is incremental (despite what their graphs show). I've been watching the Ivy Bridge benchmarks where-ever they crop up, and with the range available right now, it's a pretty slight improvement over their Sandy Bridge counterparts.

I'm sticking with my late 2011 model for the time being.
    Ivy Bridge vs Sandy isn't a great difference. SSD versus HDD is. hd6750 vs gt650m is also pretty chunky.

I've lugged my 15" MBP all over the world... and when you're schlepping with a massive camera, an iPad and a MBP and kindle in your backpack, things get uncomfortable very quickly. I'm mainly moving to the new version, because I want the screen, the SSD and hopefully the weight and thickness will improve my hunchback.

M

The perceived value of Apple products devalue like car values once new models come out, of course not to the extent of actual cars. Aside from the screen, you can easily upgrade your MBP HDD to an SSD. According to the US site, the new retina pro is about 500g lighter than the other MBP and measures at 2 kg.

I've lugged my 15" MBP all over the world... and when you're schlepping with a massive camera, an iPad and a MBP and kindle in your backpack, things get uncomfortable very quickly. I'm mainly moving to the new version, because I want the screen, the SSD and hopefully the weight and thickness will improve my hunchback.

M
    Just spend two weeks in Europe lugging mine around and it sucked. The problem is the Retina 15" is still 2KG (compared to 2.5KG on your model). The only solution is an Air.

Still no clear response to my question. Does R12500 sound like a reasonable price?

M

Still no clear response to my question. Does R12500 sound like a reasonable price?

M
    Sounds pretty reasonable. It's the quad-core version right? Good luck with the sale.

M
    I'd think it was a touch high. It's 2ndhand, non-retina, last gen chipset.

I sold my 17" 2010 Core i5 model for R16500 last month on Gumtree....I've got my eyes on the new 15" Retina MBP. If you not in a hurry to sell you could get R14k+ for your 15"

Quote Originally Posted by DuCy View Post
    I sold my 17" 2010 Core i5 model for R16500 last month on Gumtree....I've got my eyes on the new 15" Retina MBP. If you not in a hurry to sell you could get R14k+ for your 15"
    Ye I forgot this is Apple we're talking about. Ask what you want.