Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Power Outage in Bryanston

Default Power Outage in Bryanston

Does anyone know what the situation is? We have been without electricity since Sunday night 6:00pm. It all started on Saturday night lost electricity just before the end of the SA game and came on at 3:30am, off again on Sunday pm from 2-3pm and then off again Sunaday night at 6:00pm till present (Tuesday 11:20am)

Our freezer is defrosting and will have to through out the food. Do we calim from City power or from household insurance?
    Cheers

I also live in Bryanston and my powers been fine (apart from lights flickering now and again), I live on Bryanston drive next to the golf course, but I have noticed now and again when Ive got power, the houses on the other side of Bryanston drive are dark, where about are you?

In Bryanston too, also no power issues. I'm about 600m west of the golf course.
    I-Rah los Pruzah ahrk Mul
    IMA CHEMICAL ENGINEER WEO
    Agents are people too.
    Just because I'm technically bloody and imperialist doesn't prove anything!

Hey Ive just seen the CoJ people checking meters around Bryanston and Randburg, maby go find one of them

Major cable fault caused by external contractor.

https://twitter.com/#!/search/davidcoj102

Driving down Halifax (next to the Suzuki garage) I noticed one of those big Eskom generators in the street adjacent to Halifax, pretty much just behind the garage sitting in the road if that means anything

Super Grandmaster

We were down from about 9:30 until 17:30 on Sunday.
    No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood

I live in Bryanston and have not had any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Segg View Post
    I also live in Bryanston and my powers been fine (apart from lights flickering now and again), I live on Bryanston drive next to the golf course, but I have noticed now and again when Ive got power, the houses on the other side of Bryanston drive are dark, where about are you?
    We had the same problem. Lights were constantly flickering, our UPS would go crazy once in a while (due to bad power supply) and our tumble dryer just died out of the blue. Then one day our power was off for a whole day. We called City Power and they had someone out in about 40 minutes. They had been working on our power. Apparently the voltage was way, way too high. Next thing we know, there are 3 City Power vans outside our house.

They had to replace a whole bunch of cables street side. To get it fixed, they worked from 5PM all the way through to 1AM. The next morning they were back there at about 10AM. Since then, we have not lost any electrical appliances or had any flickering lights. I was very impressed with how quickly they resolved what seemed like a complicated issue.

I suggest you get someone out to take a look. Some of the infrastructure is Bryanston is pretty old.
    Thou shalt not be a victim. Thou shalt not be a perpetrator. Above all, thou shalt not be a bystander.
    Stoned people in houses shouldn't throw glasses
    Be part of the solution: www.antitrust.co.za