Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Number of OS X users in ZA?

Hackintoshes have definitely upped the OS X stats dramatically. Just take a look on Geekbench. Every 2nd stat comes from a hackintosh user these days.

Been using Apples since '78, yes got the agency from the Steves directly, only to be taken away some years later, because of the pressure from their Academic Client base in the US threatening to boycott Apple's 30% market share there, if they continued doing business with SA. Apple's market share never recovered here and they have never entered this market directly, sadly still true.

Enjoyed being on the cutting edge of computers, even before MS, still have some working Apple II, e, 170 Books to look at. Loved my Mac II, but using MBP and MBA now. Use a 5s but have a couple of the first iPhones from '97 in daily use too, never opened, still getting through a full day on one charge.

Go Apple....please open in SA soon, we'll behave this time, I promise....

Quote Originally Posted by Rick@Harties View Post
    Been using Apples since '78, yes got the agency from the Steves directly, only to be taken away some years later, because of the pressure from their Academic Client base in the US threatening to boycott Apple's 30% market share there, if they continued doing business with SA. Apple's market share never recovered here and they have never entered this market directly, sadly still true.

Enjoyed being on the cutting edge of computers, even before MS, still have some working Apple II, e, 170 Books to look at. Loved my Mac II, but using MBP and MBA now. Use a 5s but have a couple of the first iPhones from '97 in daily use too, never opened, still getting through a full day on one charge.

Go Apple....please open in SA soon, we'll behave this time, I promise....
    Great story this!

Are we trying for the Guinness world record for oldest thread with fewest posts? If so, did I just spoil our chances?

Anyway, you will find the answer here (Javascript on, please), but you're not gonna like it:

http://gs.statcounter.com/#os-ZA-monthly-200807-201310

I would guess 2 to 3 %

Looking at the "stat counter" I note about 12% for Apple, more or less equal between OSX and iOS, not bad for one company.
    Bit like Mercedes I would think?

Quote Originally Posted by clasqm View Post
    Are we trying for the Guinness world record for oldest thread with fewest posts? If so, did I just spoil our chances?

Anyway, you will find the answer here (Javascript on, please), but you're not gonna like it:

http://gs.statcounter.com/#os-ZA-monthly-200807-201310
    LOL, more Vista up and till Oct 2012, than OSX....WTF.....Vista still have users???
    I'm on Linux and that line look pathetic, but it's great being there.
    Men if we don't father our children the world will, & the father substitutes it provides, more often than not, are destructive to their lives.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12