Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Why does the 24GB/12mnth deal remove other bundles?

Default Why does the 24GB/12mnth deal remove other bundles?

I purchased the 24GB/12mnth package on 31 May and activated it on 1 June. The Current Balance on the Cell C software on 1 June then showed it enabled as well as the data remaining from my 2 other data bundles: the 3GB(365 days)+stick for R599 and the 3GB pre-paid I bought later.

Here's the screenshot showing it:

For the first 10 days of June data was deducted from the 24GB/year (2GB/month) bundle, while the other data remained unused. This is what was confirmed by Cell C shop staff before I bought into this 24GB deal.

Yesterday all remaining data on my other 2 bundles disappeared. All that remains is what is left from the 24GB/12mnth deal. Here is yesterday's Current Balance showing the disappeared bundles:

What happened to my other data?

Besides this mysterious disappearance (now the Cell C shop staff say the other bundles were used first!), I was hoping it would be possible to top up the 2GB/month with other data bundles that do not expire in 30 days. Is this not possible?

Thanks Cell C for this rip-off.

Quote Originally Posted by wmaker View Post
    Besides this mysterious disappearance (now the Cell C shop staff say the other bundles were used first!), I was hoping it would be possible to top up the 2GB/month with other data bundles that do not expire in 30 days. Is this not possible?
    This is definitely possible. My father has a 12 x 2GB SIM card to which we added a 3GB/365 bundle one month when finished his 2GB early.
    As soon as the next month started, he got a fresh 2GB allocation which got used first, leaving the balance of the 3GB bundle available for future months when he may finish the 2GB before the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    This is definitely possible.
    Yes for me this was indeed possible for 10 days. Then the remaining data on my 365day and 3GB bundle vanished...

Has nobody else experienced this treatment by Cell C?