The South African Communications Forum aims to be a leader in promoting the growth and development of ICT and Broadcast industries, to reduce socio-economic inequalities, broaden participation and enhance the prosperity of all South Africans.
The have the following objectives:
- Create a representative forum for role players in the ICT industry.
- Influence policy makers and regulators to create a more conducive environment for developing ICT in SA.
- Consolidate and increase membership of the SACF with a view to strengthen SACF as a voice of authority in the industry.
- Mobilise resources to further the mission of the SACF.
- Define the skills requirement and promote skills development among stakeholders in the industry.
- Further BEE in the ICT Sector by facilitating dialogue between government and industry; and advising the ICT Charter Council.
- Encourage and support enterprise development and SMME participation in the industry.
- Promote investment in the industry by stimulating new business development.