Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: vodacom tower down and no back up since Sunday

Default vodacom tower down and no back up since Sunday

as the tittle say

where we work, we use vodacom 3G, most of us to get our mails
    self on a 7'' samsung tablet, and the other person on a lap top with a modem/dongle
    as self have been busy have not noticed the poor signal
    yesterday it was mentioned that it was almost non existent since SUNDAY, yes SUNDAY, we often have to come in on a SUNDAY
    coincently yesterday got a gap to open certain mails and follow certain links
    the connection is dead slow, when opening a forum page (posting this from the companys PC) it wont open pictures and cant watch youtube, it just wont load, it will open the page, however it cant download the contents
    remember its more then one person, with almost identical problems, and keep getting coms problem
    yet all our devices are fine where we live, only while at work

what amazes me is that vodacom, has not or does not wish to pick up that one of their towers has an issue
    find it difficult to believe that such a huge and complex system does not have a self diagnostic features and alerts/alarms/early warning for mulfunctioning equipment

yesterday I called the call centre, and had to go through the settings and then the call centre agent wanted me to carry on doing all kinds of testing and diagnostics on my tab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    while I was trying to do my work and attend to the client, witch vodacom clearly does not understand
    conld not of carried on entertaining the call agent while my job/work suffered

if any one from vodacom is interested, the tower in question is in JHB, Ormonde, Witspos site!!

and just so by the way, other people have left messages on vodacom facebook page with reguard to this non functioning tower, and again SINCE SUNDAY nothing has been done

it took vodacom 4 YEARS to sort out the issue at my house, wonder how long it will take vodacom to sort out this issue
    with almost one week gone, a long time till 4YEARS to wait for this issue to be solved

Grandmaster

I know the feeling it took VODAKUK 2 weeks to fix the base stations in our area, almost half the town ported to other networks... Vodacom only know how to screw themselves over....
    Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by kfxnando View Post
    as the tittle say

where we work, we use vodacom 3G, most of us to get our mails
    self on a 7'' samsung tablet, and the other person on a lap top with a modem/dongle
    as self have been busy have not noticed the poor signal
    yesterday it was mentioned that it was almost non existent since SUNDAY, yes SUNDAY, we often have to come in on a SUNDAY
    coincently yesterday got a gap to open certain mails and follow certain links
    the connection is dead slow, when opening a forum page (posting this from the companys PC) it wont open pictures and cant watch youtube, it just wont load, it will open the page, however it cant download the contents
    remember its more then one person, with almost identical problems, and keep getting coms problem
    yet all our devices are fine where we live, only while at work

what amazes me is that vodacom, has not or does not wish to pick up that one of their towers has an issue
    find it difficult to believe that such a huge and complex system does not have a self diagnostic features and alerts/alarms/early warning for mulfunctioning equipment

yesterday I called the call centre, and had to go through the settings and then the call centre agent wanted me to carry on doing all kinds of testing and diagnostics on my tab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    while I was trying to do my work and attend to the client, witch vodacom clearly does not understand
    conld not of carried on entertaining the call agent while my job/work suffered

if any one from vodacom is interested, the tower in question is in JHB, Ormonde, Witspos site!!

and just so by the way, other people have left messages on vodacom facebook page with reguard to this non functioning tower, and again SINCE SUNDAY nothing has been done

it took vodacom 4 YEARS to sort out the issue at my house, wonder how long it will take vodacom to sort out this issue
    with almost one week gone, a long time till 4YEARS to wait for this issue to be solved

Hi , did the person you spoke with escalate this to the Network team and was there a Reference number provided?

IF not can you kindly forward your number you are using for connectivity.

Regards

VD