Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: File Share OS X

Default File Share OS X

I'm about to pull my hair out and throw my gadgets against the wall... Why cant technology "just work"?! Hopefully someone can help me here...

I have xbmc running on an atv2 with ios5... Trying to set up my library but neither AFP nor SMB will work! I'm using OSX lion 10.7.4...

I've googled a lot and found that the OS does have a problem with SMB. So i downloaded SMBup... In xbmc it worked for a few seconds and then it couldn't find the network any more.

Tried using AFP, it works but only for the public folder... The other folder (which is on an external HDD) just does not show up. I'm not sure if there is a way to change the location of the public folder to the HDD?

I often get "Error 2 share not available" in xbmc when trying to add a source.

Now I'm not sure if it is the Mac thats the problem, the atv, or xbmc.

Any ideas would be welcome!

I'm sure you've done this, but in the sharing panel in system preferences, enable windows sharing for SMB. Afp should just work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaesthesia View Post
    I'm sure you've done this, but in the sharing panel in system preferences, enable windows sharing for SMB. Afp should just work though.
    Yup I have done this...

I've jut read somewhere that lion does not allow the sharing of a fat32/ntfs drive! Will try formatting and see if AFP works.

Default File Share OS X

Formatted the drive to the Mac format and now both SMBup and AFP work flawlessly