Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Hepatitus a and b

Default Hepatitus a and b

So one of our cashiers came back today from the hospital, telling us she was diagnosed with hepatitus a and b. Now the her colleges will find out eventialy, and this will become a problem. Does anyone here have knowledge about this, and how to handle such a situation? Its really a very difficult thing for me, and she is so a very good employee.

She needs to stay away from work for a looooong time.

It is highly contagous even a washed cup can transfer it. sterilise everything.

My one brother picked it up from presumably toilets at an age when girls were still yuk...

He was on a meatless, saltless diet of only certain veg boilt for 6 weeks.

He had to even wash the loo himself to protect our mom who was pregnant with our youngest brother at the time.

Does she work with food or in an environment where she can get hurt (bleed)?

Otherwise I don't really see how it would be a problem on a professional level.

From what I understand, Hepatitis is only transferred through bodily fluids, needles or contaminated foods.

Basically, as long as she doesn't work with food (where she may contaminate it due to poor bathroom hygiene; i.e. washing of hands) it should be fine?

Wish her a speedy recovery.

if a and b are anything like c then no. It will not become a problem. Transmission is through blood contact only. If her colleagues are not drinking cups of her blood then they never need to know. Symptoms take very long to appear if at all. No need for her or yourself to disclose it to them. Many caught it through blood transfusion pre-1990 due to it not being discovered.

pm if you need more info.

Quote Originally Posted by ChilliGirl View Post
    It is highly contagous even a washed cup can transfer it. sterilise everything.

My one brother picked it up from presumably toilets at an age when girls were still yuk...

He was on a meatless, saltless diet of only certain veg boilt for 6 weeks.

He had to even wash the loo himself to protect our mom who was pregnant with our youngest brother at the time.
    Please don't fear monger like this. It is baseless and incredibly narrow minded. I almost expected you to close with using leaches or blood letting as a good treatment.

As mentioned above, if she is working with foods, it is s little too dangerous.

Stay away from her faeces and blood. If you fondle with her "rose bud" do not put your fingers into your mouth (A).
    For B, just be safe. No glove no love. No razors, needles or the like.
    For C, no "vampire biting" or other blood sex stuff, even to the extend of no snorting of drugs. Do not share snorting drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gielie Geelmielie View Post
    Stay away from her faeces and blood. If you fondle with her "rose bud" do not put your fingers into your mouth (A).
    For B, just be safe. No glove no love. No razors, needles or the like.
    For C, no "vampire biting" or other blood sex stuff, even to the extend of no snorting of drugs. Do not share snorting drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    LOL, out there things are WILD!

Hepatitis A is spread through water and food.
    Drinking from a glass that has been handled by a person that has Hepatitis A could transfer the virus.

Hepatitis B is usually spread through bodily fluids, blood, semen, saliva....
    Samsung Galaxy SII (Black)
    Samsung Galaxy Note II (Grey)
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (White)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Black) x 2

Grandmaster

I had Hepatitis B. Was diagnosed 25 years ago. Got married and had 3 kids. Now there is no trace of it. My wife and kids also don't have it.
    Sent from my LavaTube VV e-cig.

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote Originally Posted by jacqvt View Post
    So one of our cashiers came back today from the hospital, telling us she was diagnosed with hepatitus a and b. Now the her colleges will find out eventialy, and this will become a problem. Does anyone here have knowledge about this, and how to handle such a situation? Its really a very difficult thing for me, and she is so a very good employee.
    maybe consider getting you and the rest of your staff vaccinated for Hep A and B
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Quote Originally Posted by isie View Post
    maybe consider getting you and the rest of your staff vaccinated for Hep A and B
    was thinking of that today, will ask monday what the people have to say. Luckily the lady resigned today, but still i am so sorry to loose her. But it was a strange situation for me, and a first too.