Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Verbatim USB3 2TB hard drive build quality.

Default Verbatim USB3 2TB hard drive build quality.

Just a heads-up, if you own one of these, open the thing and tighten all the screws.

My wife dropped mine this morning

The warranty sticker was ****ed anyway (the whole think is held together by a clip on plastic cover on the back and when this came loose the cover slided in my hand breaking the sticker) so I opened it.

3 of the 4 screws that hold the drive down were lying loose inside the case, the 4'th was so loose I gave it about 1/8'th of a turn with a screwdriver and it came out.
    Pretty sure if the screws were in the drive would be ok now but between the screws being loose and the warranty sticker being broken

It's a Samsung drive if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post
    Just a heads-up, if you own one of these, open the thing and tighten all the screws.

My wife dropped mine this morning

The warranty sticker was ****ed anyway (the whole think is held together by a clip on plastic cover on the back and when this came loose the cover slided in my hand breaking the sticker) so I opened it.

3 of the 4 screws that hold the drive down were lying loose inside the case, the 4'th was so loose I gave it about 1/8'th of a turn with a screwdriver and it came out.
    Pretty sure if the screws were in the drive would be ok now but between the screws being loose and the warranty sticker being broken

It's a Samsung drive if anyone is interested.
    Interesting. I'm currently having trouble with a Verbatim 2.5" 1tb drive that occasionally is not picked by my computer. Seems to not work once every 5 tries or so. I've tried it on a friends yesterday and it was worse. I was thinking about opening it and looking for a loose wire or something. Maybe I should.

Bit pissed about this.
    Feel like I've been set up.

Hi, I work at Verbatim. DON'T OPEN A DRIVE that doesn't work. Warranty period on all non-optical products is 2yrs. Take it back with your receipt and get a replacement. Will submit a query re the loose screws, thank you for heads up!