Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: TV and Laptop HDMI, Widescreen help.

Default TV and Laptop HDMI, Widescreen help.

Hello, I used a HDMI cable to connect my laptop with the TV, its a Telefunken TV and my Laptop is n HP pavilion DV6 Entertainment notebook.

Every time I connect it, the image is distorted and shows horizontal lines. The TV says - 1080P Full HD but when I connect the laptop the widescreen resolution is displayed as 1680x1200 I think this is causing the image to be all weird..

Can anybody maybe help me out, google isn't helping.

Spam much?

What about this exact same thread you never responded to?
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...aptop-to-My-TV
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Jesus loves you as you are, not as you should be.

|GeckoStretchTents|DomainCheap|FixedAssetManagement|

Quote Originally Posted by teraside View Post
    Spam much?

What about this exact same thread you never responded to?
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...aptop-to-My-TV

I'm on my phone... I could not find that post.. Sorry.. But its still not working can you help me bro?

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Try reducing the resolution until the image becomes stable
    Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing

How should I reduce the resolution

Quote Originally Posted by Charlikins101 View Post
    Hello, I used a HDMI cable to connect my laptop with the TV, its a Telefunken TV and my Laptop is n HP pavilion DV6 Entertainment notebook.

Every time I connect it, the image is distorted and shows horizontal lines. The TV says - 1080P Full HD but when I connect the laptop the widescreen resolution is displayed as 1680x1200 I think this is causing the image to be all weird..

Can anybody maybe help me out, google isn't helping.
    A lot of TVs don't actually pick up the correct resolution in Windows when using HDMI. Some of them have to be set to 1920x1080 in the screen resolution control panel and in some cases with discrete graphics cards, you need to adjust the overscan options to make the image scale up to all the four edges of the panel.

Otherwise, run the TV in 1024x768. Works every time, zero incompatibility issues, just make sure that your displays are extended and not mirrored.

To reduce resolution in Windows 7: Right-click Desktop > Screen Resolution > Click on the Multiple Displays option to set up the second display as an extended one. Then use the Resolution drop-down list to set it to the correct setting.

If you'd also like to output sound over HDMI for watching a movie or series you'll need to use a third-party player like VLC and dig into the system preferences. In audio you need to change the default playing device to Direct X Audio Output and set the device to the one using the HDMI cable.
    Last edited by NAG - Wesley; 16-06-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NAG - Wesley View Post
    A lot of TVs don't actually pick up the correct resolution in Windows when using HDMI. Some of them have to be set to 1920x1080 in the screen resolution control panel and in some cases with discrete graphics cards, you need to adjust the overscan options to make the image scale up to all the four edges of the panel.

Otherwise, run the TV in 1024x768. Works every time, zero incompatibility issues, just make sure that your displays are extended and not mirrored.

To reduce resolution in Windows 7: Right-click Desktop > Screen Resolution > Click on the Multiple Displays option to set up the second display as an extended one. Then use the Resolution drop-down list to set it to the correct setting.

If you'd also like to output sound over HDMI for watching a movie or series you'll need to use a third-party player like VLC and dig into the system preferences. In audio you need to change the default playing device to Direct X Audio Output and set the device to the one using the HDMI cable.
    The resolution worked at 1024x768 but why does it not work at 1960x1080 or 1960x1200? When at these two resolutions, this is what the image looks like
    http://yfrog.com/mngughej

How do I fix this?

Who can help me ? Want to connect my Macbook Pro 13"mid 2012 to my LG tv. To playback iPhoto pics. TV has a USB and an HDMI in ports. What do I need cable wise and where to buy on the West Rand - Krugersdorp area.
    Thanks