Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vodacom bb 9900 os 7.1 update??

I agree with SphereZA. Also using .523 and its great.

where did you get the international version if i may ask?

http://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Do...1FC9CAB&step=4

make sure u backup BBM

1.(Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2.Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
    *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3.Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4.On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5.Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6.Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7.(Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8.On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
    •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9.(Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    10.In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11.After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    Vendor XML Remover V1.0
    If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    •64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    •32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)
    B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS1.Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2.Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3.Restart PC.
    4.Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5.Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6.Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).
    Last edited by SphereZA; 02-07-2012 at 12:38 PM.

I was going to wait for Vodascum to release 7.1 for the 9900 on their network officially (I'm scared it might void the warranty if I use a different carrier's OS) but this is just taking way too long. I doubt it will ever be released on the 9900.

What's up with Vodacom? Why not release 7.1 to all of the phones that can run it?

I dunno hey they have had the device and probably multiple OS's for ages now.... not impressed at all.

I'm not gonna wait for the OS to "maybe" be released for the brand damaging battery useless blackberry 9900, if i could have chosen a device i would go for the 9790 period.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by SphereZA View Post
    http://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Do...1FC9CAB&step=4

make sure u backup BBM

1.(Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2.Download OS to PC. ..................and so forth .......................... deleted Vendor).
    You deserve a Bells for this post.

Specifically the XML deletion.

Quote Originally Posted by sdd View Post
    You deserve a Bells for this post.

Specifically the XML deletion.
    And Vodacom does not deserve a Bells for their slow releasing of OSs.

I upgraded my 9900 to 7.1 release 714 for Vodacom yesterday...not too impressed so far...no GPS software bundled! (WTF!) Browser seems a bit slow...anyone else had similar experience?

I went 7.1 in june/july this year and it's progressively gone slower and slower (funny thing is I never loaded any apps or themes) So it looks like i'll be doing another upgrade I get all my Software here from: http://www.blackberryos.com

Quote Originally Posted by tjomma View Post
    I upgraded my 9900 to 7.1 release 714 for Vodacom yesterday...not too impressed so far...no GPS software bundled! (WTF!) Browser seems a bit slow...anyone else had similar experience?
    Go to App World and search "telmap". My browser (9790) doesn't have any issues even after 7.1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12