Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Data contract for Ipad

Default Data contract for Ipad

Was wondering what data contracts you guys have running with your device..? I was thinking about maybe getting one of those once off bundles that only expire after a year (think cell C had them last time I checked) because I normally have WiFi access at home and work.

I got myself the Cell C micro SIM card with 2GB data per month for R99 per month.
    Using on New iPad (iPad 3)
    MCTS: Windows Server 2008, MCAD, MCSE+Messaging+Security, MCSA+Messaging+Security, D-Link Certified Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by NetSpike View Post
    I got myself the Cell C micro SIM card with 2GB data per month for R99 per month.
    Using on New iPad (iPad 3)
    +1 did the same for my wife (but VC not MTN)... Remember that the 2nd gig is only available after like midnight ...

http://www.vodacom.co.za/personal/ph...ls?dealId=1506
    Last edited by SirFooK'nG; 18-06-2012 at 03:14 PM.
    i7 2600K @3.8 | GA Z68P-DS3 | OCZ Vertex 4 256gb SSD | 16gb HyperX Red | GTX670 Windforce | Antec H2O 920 | CM 600W Silent Pro M | CM HAF 922 | 27" IPS WQHD

Anyone using 8ta...?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenbaas View Post
    Anyone using 8ta...?
    I am, well i will be.

It didn't work at first, but i only found out later i need a special Micro Sim (Not a normal Micro Sim) for the iPad on the 8ta network.
    The 8ta rep has hooked me up with one that is hopefully being delivered tomorrow or the next day. So far great service from them.

To be honest, if you have 8ta reception in the areas you will be using your ipad, it would be silly not to pick them.
    Will work for peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Unnamed View Post
    I am, well i will be.

It didn't work at first, but i only found out later i need a special Micro Sim (Not a normal Micro Sim) for the iPad on the 8ta network.
    The 8ta rep has hooked me up with one that is hopefully being delivered tomorrow or the next day. So far great service from them.

To be honest, if you have 8ta reception in the areas you will be using your ipad, it would be silly not to pick them.
    Which contract are you gonna take..? Or prepaid...?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenbaas View Post
    Which contract are you gonna take..? Or prepaid...?
    Prepaid for this month, if all goes well then the 10Gb contract. I will be using it as a wifi hotspot also for my PS Vita and laptop when i need to.
    Will work for peanuts

Blog Entries

Vodacom 2GB p/m for 24 months @ R149p/m

Do you guys reckon you use so much data .... ?

I took a R99.00 1GB from Vodacom and seem to use under 300MB

EDIT : I have it connected to wifi at home
    http://www.riverbed.com/

Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

That's the problem with data. Take out a contract based on typical usage and sooner or later you find yourself out in the sticks with no way to get hold of that important file that your boss is screaming for... And of course the cellcos go out of their ways to make topping up as complicated and unpleasant as possible.

I took the MTN uncapped lite package, because I know i use plenty of Data and I am happy with it. but I know a lot of people have had nothing but headaches with the MTN uncapped lite packages.

Blog Entries

1GB is more than enough for me

BUT

I have used more when away from home(wi fi) for a few days.

I'm using the Cell C 3gb for 12 months, costs R399. Quite nice but I'll try 8ta next.

I also bought the 3GB package from Cell C. No hassles as yet.

Also using the Cell C 3GB package for R399. Have wi-fi at home and at work, so this is good enough for my needs.