Most idiotic review on the S3 / One X ever. You guys just totally suck at reviews, having no clue how to OBJECTIVELY compare two phones, or anything else for that matter. There are many good review sites out there such as gsmarena, anandtech, ect. Look how they do it and try to learn from it.
I don't give a rat's ass about what YOU think of a phone, I want to know the FACTS about the phone. A Few examples :
- The One X's camera suck, suck and suck when it comes to picture quality, as proven by reputable sites. Nothing arguable about it, it's a fact, measured, finish and klaar. HTC should get a -10 for still not being able to deliver a halfway decent camera with their flagship phones, one of their main drawbacks.
- HTC get a win on keyboard, really?? The first thing on any android is to ditch the stock keyboards and get something decent like Swype or SlideIT or whichever one of the thousand other keyboard apps float your boat.
- The screen, where HTC clearly have a better display, if you like looking at you displays using a magnifying glass. At the DPI's HTC, Apple and Samsung use, you can not tell the difference at normal viewing lengths, at least I can't.
- Every other benchmark in the world is wrong, you are right, right? If you get such a big anomaly compared to them, then at least try to explain it or corroborate it, otherwise it just make you look incompetent. Explaining your results is what make you a tech writer.
- Explaining your results away as being later and on more mature benchmarks is odd, since by being later you should have picked up on the One X quality issues by know, which is another -10 in my book. Glossing over that little factoid at this stage seems either suspicious or point to a very superficial 'must post something' review.
I may come over like a Samsung fanboy, which I am at the moment. I would love for Motorola, HTC and Google to give me good alternatives to the Galaxy, more choice is always a win for me. That is however NOT happening at the moment, not by a country mile. It's sad, but not as sad as this article you posted.