Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vodacom 12 month Data RipOff

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    If I wrote anything wrong, please explain what it was. If you can't find a reason, think 'Whay' do you say so?
    Nevermind ... this will go nowhere ...

Quote Originally Posted by Justin_Credible View Post
    whats the number to contact for cancellations?
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Quote Originally Posted by OGroteKoning View Post
    Nevermind ... this will go nowhere ...
    Disagreed. I don't judge people.

Like one of the earlier replies, the sales consultant I dealt with when I took out the Mofaya deal was also proactive. He told me up front that at month 13 the price would increase to R349, as that would be the end of the promotion. All I did a couple of months ago was upgrade to the R201 2+2 at R179 and took out a data sim for the modem that I got with the Mofaya deal.

No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Priester View Post
    Just getting back to the op, i also signed up for a R149 contract per month to discover that i get charged R349. i contacted the client contact centre and the operator on the phone told me that they deduct R200 from your bill every month to get to the R149.

Problem is they never sent me my invoice showing me where they deducted the R200, my contract is 11 months old now.
    @en4ors, did vodacom show you any proof where they deducted the R200?

im in the same boat, just not sure if we would be able to get credit for the past 11 months
    Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    You may PM me the concerned number and I will check for you on the system that you were billed correctly.
    Confirmed that peep is being billed correctly with the Mofaya rate. Also informed that contract coming to a end and he will soon start paying normal rates. Recommended he upgrade with new Mofaya deal or cancel.
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Vodacom loves rubbing their hands in glee at unsuspecting customers who don't send written notices.
    Its as if they think the customers desperately want to pay a higher rate when their contracts expire.

tsk tsk
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

OC

Thanks for all ur help and effort in verifying my cancelation details, much apreciated

Cool...no probs.

/hisses @ DrYes.

Quote Originally Posted by Priester View Post
    OC

Thanks for all ur help and effort in verifying my cancelation details, much apreciated
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Please explain why Vodacom who sends SMS's about any promotions will not send a SMS reminder that you will be billed more than double the original rate if you don't cancel in writing?
    Is "because they dont have to and you must remember what you read in fine print 12 months ago" really the best answer for the consumer?
    I'm clearly not the only one who was ripped of here, even though we did phone to cancel the contract.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123