Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: BlackBerry Curve 9360 for first time smartphone user?

Default BlackBerry Curve 9360 for first time smartphone user?

I'm planing on buying the BlackBerry Curve 9360 very soon and I would like to know how the phone's overall performance is like. This will be my 1st "smartphone" coming from a feature phone

I'm aware that Android and iOS devices are a much better choice, but like so many, I will not be able to maintain the data charges. I would typically you use it for web browsing, listening to music and a lil texting. Does this phone also eventually suffer from the trackpad malfunctioning that was rampant on the 9300? It looks like a cool phone, but I want something that will work and remain stable...

I would highly appreciate comments if you've had significant experience with the phone, thanks.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Mo0s View Post
    I'm planing on buying the BlackBerry Curve 9360 very soon and I would like to know how the phone's overall performance is like. This will be my 1st "smartphone" coming from a feature phone

I'm aware that Android and iOS devices are a much better choice, but like so many, I will not be able to maintain the data charges. I would typically you use it for web browsing, listening to music and a lil texting. Does this phone also eventually suffer from the trackpad malfunctioning that was rampant on the 9300? It looks like a cool phone, but I want something that will work and remain stable...

I would highly appreciate comments if you've had significant experience with the phone, thanks.
    it will be fine, trackpad will work fine, i've had 8520 for years with a trackpad and no issues., 9360 is great, has everything in and not so expensive. very nice phone.

Grandmaster
    South of the Jacarandas and north of the Jukskei

So which smartphone are you interested in? Android or Apple

The 9360 is one of my main options.... There's also the Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray.... How do you justify all the lukewarm/negative reviews the 9360 got?

I have no big issues using a blackberry that a battery pull couldn't sort (and not that frequent) but it being blackberry their phones do get a number of 'lukewarm/negative' reviews

Only issue with the 9360 is the battery life. If you dont mind keep it permanently on charge then its a awesome phone

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Kriek View Post
    Only issue with the 9360 is the battery life. If you dont mind keep it permanently on charge then its a awesome phone
    Better than iPhone/Android in most cases though. You can also switch it to 2G much of the time; 2.5 times better battery life.

I would say it's a perfect phone if it's your first smart phone.

Ok, does the App World freeze up and cause the phone to crash as much as in other OS 6 devices? I've witnessed many BB users pull their hair out over this... Any trace of this on the 9360?

Only issue is battery life.
    But use it on 2G and switch to 3G when needed and u have it working all day.
    Also once u get it, do the firmware update to 7.1