Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: If Evolution is true... (2)

Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buyeye View Post
    You are prolly right so I will exit this thread by saying if you don't know someone please don't jugde them from hearsay .

Having said that maybe next time you might take the opportunity to get to know God with a free home bible study.

If you still don't like him then , it's all good
    I was brought up in a Christian household. I just could never fit in to that mould and only recently really admitted to myself that I was not religious even after knowing it in the back of my mind for a very long time. It is a difficult thing to shake off when you were brought up told to believe in god and that you must go to church. Bah humbug I said and now I'm a much happier person.
    Praise Zeus!

Quote Originally Posted by Elimentals View Post
    True, well at least I did spend some time in 1 denomination during my search for the truth™ that had that base covered, but over all they all will talk about how powerful he is the one day and avoid pain and suffering caused by his very creation the next.

The denomination I talk about made it clear that god had no physical power in this realm and only gave spiritual guidance and assistance. Also stated that all the miracles and everything including Jesus in the bible was mere stories, from the creation to revelation. Kind of like how Cinderella is a story but one that is both timeless and can teach you lessons.

Sadly later when I dug deeper they went into this whole astro travel and ghosts crap as well. This is where I started to go WTF, seeing that they thought ghosts could affect people and surroundings in a negative way.
    Wtf? What denomination was that?
    "If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalDawn View Post
    Wtf? What denomination was that?
    Old Apostels, They also believed that dreams was gods way to communicate to people.

To be honest of all the denominations I ever went to from NG, AGS PPK, Jehova's, Pagan(Yep been full Wicca as well) and what not, they still sound about the best. Oh and I even followed Buddhism and Hindo's + hari krisna. Muslim's view on women just made me go "hmmm nope", seeing that my Father was a Jew as well.

Yeah I know thats a load of churches/religions, but being born with a ticking time bomb kind of does that to you.
    Last edited by Elimentals; 21-06-2012 at 10:05 PM.
    .... and thanks for all the fish.

Old Apostels, They also believed that dreams was gods way to communicate to people.

To be honest of all the denominations I ever went to from NG, AGS PPK, Jehova's, Pagan(Yep been full Wicca as well) and what not, they still sound about the best. Oh and I even followed Buddhism and Hindo's + hari krisna. Muslim's view on women just made me go "hmmm nope", seeing that my Father was a Jew as well.

Yeah I know thats a load of churches/religions, but being born with a ticking time bomb kind of does that to you.
    Well, the dreams things is not that far-out. I think lots of people believe that.

As for all those religions you tried, sheesh! You must have a very high tolerance threshold for BS. Respect though, for giving everything a shot. Hinduism always intrigued me. It's a pity there aren't more Jains, as well. :/
    "If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalDawn View Post
    Well, the dreams things is not that far-out. I think lots of people believe that.

As for all those religions you tried, sheesh! You must have a very high tolerance threshold for BS. Respect though, for giving everything a shot. Hinduism always intrigued me. It's a pity there aren't more Jains, as well. :/
    Well with them you had to write your dreams down and give em to your priest that came back to you with the translations. The translation part is what I found strange. Also you had to run all your decisions by your priest, like if you want to go on holiday or change job.

Yes a lot of things made sense and a lot of it did not, but as I said they where about the best when it came to translating the bible for me.

High tolerance for BS, is not the issue, trying to find the one was. Don't get me wrong I declare myself as an atheist as I do not believe in any religion but I also do feel that there must be more to the picture.

Not like in someone say "you where a bad boy" more, just like there is something else going on outside this bubble we call a universe, I just dont know what.
    Last edited by Elimentals; 21-06-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrJohnZoidberg View Post
    I was brought up in a Christian household. I just could never fit in to that mould and only recently really admitted to myself that I was not religious even after knowing it in the back of my mind for a very long time. It is a difficult thing to shake off when you were brought up told to believe in god and that you must go to church. Bah humbug I said and now I'm a much happier person.
    As a child I hated vegetables but as an adult I realise their importance to me not getting heart disease infact I ask my wife for more vegetarian meals and I understand that as a child I couldn't been expected to know all of that so I gave veges a chance now I'm healthier.
    Last edited by buyeye; 21-06-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Well with them you had to write your dreams down and give em to your priest that came back to you with the translations. The translation part is what I found strange. Also you had to run all your decisions by your priest, like if you want to go on holiday or change job.

Yes a lot of things made sense and a lot of it did not, but as I said they where about the best when it came to translating the bible for me.
    Odd what some people consider rational behaviour, ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by buyeye
    As a child I hated vegetables but as an adult I realise their importance to me not getting heart disease infact I ask my wife for more vegetarian meals and I understand that as a child I couldn't been expected to know all of that so I gave veges a chance now I healthier.
    Yeah, totally the same thing...

High tolerance for BS, is not the issue, trying to find the one was. Don't get me wrong I declare myself as an atheist as I do not believe in any religion but I also do feel that there must be more to the picture.

Not like in someone say you where a bad boy more, just like there is something else going on outside this bubble we call a universe, I just dont know what.
    That's very sad Elimentals but as for God communicating through dreams is not true as the bible clearly states that God will not communicate with any human being until his kingdom rules once again.

As a child I hated vegetables but as an adult I realise their importance to me not getting heart disease infact I ask my wife for more vegetarian meals and I understand that as a child I couldn't been expected to know all of that so I gave veges a chance now I healthier.
    Probably not the best comparison.

Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar

As a child I hated vegetables but as an adult I realise their importance to me not getting heart disease infact I ask my wife for more vegetarian meals and I understand that as a child I couldn't been expected to know all of that so I gave veges a chance now I'm healthier.
    Um yep, but god didn't tell me to eat my veggies
    Praise Zeus!

Quote Originally Posted by DrJohnZoidberg View Post
    Um yep, but god didn't tell me to eat my veggies
    Lol I know you got it. Just incase someone else didn't I was reffering to things we could not understand as children and would be beneficial if revisited as an adult with more understanding.

Blog Entries

Lol I know you got it. Just incase someone else didn't I was reffering to things we could not understand as children and would be beneficial if revisited as an adult with more understanding.
    Dude you don't want me to start on JW and children?

But I guess you don't wanna be marked as mentally diseased or in the mood to give hand in a letter for your disfellowshipped, so best is to stick to your religion, after all I don't want you to be removed from your family.
    Last edited by Elimentals; 22-06-2012 at 05:10 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678