Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Australia 2011 Census data: 'No religion' makes big gains

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBug View Post
    Australia has always been very christian, much like SA

But to answer your question:

I think it'll reach 50% sooner than 30 years.

The more people get educated, the more chance they will find Atheism / Agnosticism
    I think Australia will become (if it isn't already) a post-god society, where your religion (or lack) is inconsequential to society at large.
    a2

#Trendingsucks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AFK View Post
    Ok, I can understand where you're coming from and why you might see it that way. Hey, if was not a true believer in the God of the Bible, I would also, just by reading some random text, come to the conclusion that it's just a few fairy tales, but can you give me proof / evidence that utterly convinced you about the "2000 year old superstitions" ?
    It's really the lack of evidence to suggest it's anything more.
    a2

#Trendingsucks

Grandmaster
    Stellenbosch, Republic of the Western Cape

but can you give me proof / evidence that utterly convinced you about the "2000 year old superstitions" ?
    Numbers22-28

Then the LORD gave the donkey the ability to speak. "What have I done to you that deserves your beating me three times?" it asked Balaam.

nuff said.
    --
    ADSL Line: 10Mbps via Afrihost 100Mb Capped

Keep Calm And Engage Low Range

Blog Entries

No wonder Australia is such a bloody festering cesspool of immorality, violence, and mean-spirited ****s.
    Behind every dark cloud lies the sun, waiting to boil you alive.
    *girds loins*

Quote Originally Posted by copacetic View Post
    No wonder Australia is such a bloody festering cesspool of immorality, violence, and mean-spirited ****s.
    You forgot about Sweden as well. These types of countries suck. I'd give my left nut to move to a country like Nigeria instead.
    ಠ_ಠ
    <|>
    /ω\

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hoxbig View Post
    You forgot about Sweden as well. These types of countries suck. I'd give my left nut to move to a country like Nigeria instead.
    Totally.
    Behind every dark cloud lies the sun, waiting to boil you alive.
    *girds loins*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by copacetic View Post
    Dude have you seen the lawlessness they have in some of the shops.

I mean they have self help tills in some places where you ring up your own goods and pay by card with no-one next to you. Its an absolute nightmare!!!

How can you live like that.
    .... and thanks for all the fish.

Ulysses Everett McGill OrbitalDawn's Avatar

So I took your advice and I read some reviews and the abstract of this book and on the surface it looks like the emphasis is more on violence than anything else. If this is the content of the WHOLE book then yes, I will agree with the man. People were seriously violent back in the days, what with all the torturing and warmongering and stuff. We became more "civilized" and things calmed down a bit.. Yes, sure, I'm with you there, looking at it from that perspective (again, also bearing in mind that I got this only from the abstract). Just read the first 4 lines of the Bible quote again. Then take a look at our society, our schools, our government, our "defence force/s", our homes. Don't worry, I will not be opening that can of worms here.
    It all comes down to the increase of selfishness. We want more for ourselves. We want to do things for ourselves. We want to be first in line. It's all about me, myself and I, at the cost of others, but hey it's ok. I'm still a good person. Moral values, common decency, compassion, or whatever you want to call it is sharply on the decline. We do not need a God or "religion" to tell us what to do. The world is telling you that you and you alone are in control. That's where those figures come from. Not the actual deeds of violence. I'll stop there for now.
    Surely you'd agree that the levels of violence is an important factor to consider when looking at the welfare of humanity in general?

Anyway, reading the first few lines of the verse... When in human history was this not the case? Were there no greedy people? Did all children obey their parents? Did people suddenly become selfish? How on earth would you measure that all those things have increased, and are increasing still? How could you possibly know that people (as a whole) are becoming more and more selfish? I'm really not sure what you're basing this on. The situation of South Africa at the moment? That's hardly representative of humanity as a whole or even representative of this century, never mind the ones before.

Seems to me your taking anecdotal situations and events and extrapolating them onto the entire species.
    "If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12