Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New SATCR Installation - Box Office not supported???

Default New SATCR Installation - Box Office not supported???

Hi All,

I installed a new 90cm dish and SATCR LNB with my HDPVR-2 about 2 months ago, DSTV has been working perfectly (except some strange decompression artifacts on channel 170 MnetHD, all other HD channels perfect).

Box Office and On Demand were working perfectly. However, all of a sudden, they were intermittently "unavailable".
    It works one day, then its off for the next few. I finally called the call centre but now they say that Box Office and On Demand is not really supported on SATCR cables?!?!? The call centre guy said "it will work sometimes, and other times it wont". He recommended that I put in a dual feed LNB?!?!

How many people here are using SATCR cables with Box Office and On Demand? What are your experiences?

If the DSTV decoder supports SATCR input, surely it should be expected that all services offered on the device should work?

Any help or feedback would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Grandmaster

Don't believe the call centre, that's not correct. What do you mean its "unavailable"?

What's the error code?

Super Grandmaster

Go on the forum rather. People know what they talking about. Call center people try their luck.

You should have 100% functionality on a SatCR. Have you had the installer back at your place? It could be an installation issue, faulty decoder or faulty SatCR.

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the replies. Was away on business so only replying now.

The error code is Error01-No titles found

It seems like the signal strength of both tuners are around 98% but the signal quality is sitting at 60%, so I called the installer to either come realign, or replace the SAT-CR LNB as it may be faulty (quality was 98% when he installed). He is arriving tomorrow morning, so hopefully everything will be sorted. He assured me that the decoder should be fully functional with the CAT-CR, so as usual, the DSTV call centre agents dont know what they are talking about.

Will give feedback after tomorrow

Thanks again.

I'm having a similar issue, started bout 2-3 weeks ago, box office is unavailable at this point in time...?

Just reset/factory settings, reenter your configuration, rescan. Done

Your satcr should be 1 cable from dish, split into two cables (with approved frequency splitter) into pvr.

If that's your set up, then you should be good. If problem persists, I'd say faulty pvr

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe1983 View Post
    Just reset/factory settings, reenter your configuration, rescan. Done

Your satcr should be 1 cable from dish, split into two cables (with approved frequency splitter) into pvr.

If that's your set up, then you should be good. If problem persists, I'd say faulty pvr
    You do not split a SatCR LNB. Single cable into input #1 (#2 on silver 4 tuner UEC)...

Mine is satcr, single cable split into 2. As per my complex set up

Mine is satcr, single cable split into 2. As per my complex set up
    That is not SatCR...

Strangely enough, in my Dstv settings I select satcr

Strangely enough, in my Dstv settings I select satcr
    In that case, unless you are running directly of your own SatCR LNB or maybe your own SatCR multiswitch, connected onto the existing switching system (very rare), you are not doing it right. Believe me, I know about these things.

Just followed complex settings. They put in this communal satellite with a mucho expensive switch. In our body corporates meeting, guy mentioned cost of 180k excluding cable runs. Whatever that means

Just followed complex settings. They put in this communal satellite with a mucho expensive switch. In our body corporates meeting, guy mentioned cost of 180k excluding cable runs. Whatever that means
    Something does not sound right. I design these systems, quote and supply equipment to installers... I also do tech support. "Complex settings" are not SatCR.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast