Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: Centurion D5 Gate Motor problem

Default Centurion D5 Gate Motor problem

Hi all

My gate motor just starting acting funny yesterday. At first I thought someone might have driven into my gate and bended it, but that is not the issue.

The gate motor reacts on the remote when opening or closing, but stops anywhere. How I know it cannot be a bend in the actual gate, is because this happens anywhere, i.e. it doesn't stop on the same place every time. Then I starts again and sometimes closes, but other times stop somewhere else again.

Has anyone encountered similar issues before?
    Is it something I can fix / replace or do I have to get a technician out?

Thanks!

Check that it still rolls freely. It could be stiff enough that it activates the anti crush at times.

Hi there. It sounds like the battery is at fault here. What I would suggest, is to remove the cover and see whether there are any flashes on the Status LED. Three flashes would be indicative of a low battery condition. You should be able to replace the battery yourself. However, if you'd like a support technician to assist you, the CENTURION technical support call centre is open Monday to Friday from 07:00 until 18:00 aand they'll be happy to assist you. The number is 0861 003 123 (ShareCall).

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Hi all

My gate motor just starting acting funny yesterday. At first I thought someone might have driven into my gate and bended it, but that is not the issue.

The gate motor reacts on the remote when opening or closing, but stops anywhere. How I know it cannot be a bend in the actual gate, is because this happens anywhere, i.e. it doesn't stop on the same place every time. Then I starts again and sometimes closes, but other times stop somewhere else again.

Has anyone encountered similar issues before?
    Is it something I can fix / replace or do I have to get a technician out?

Thanks!

It's possible that the gate has lost its limits settings, i.e. where to stop.

The solution is to release the gate, centre it, tighten down etc. - download the manual, it's all pretty easy.

If that isn't the solution, it may be that the board storing the limits has blown, and needs replacement.

Could also be the safety beam. If acting up it could think that there's something in the way and stop closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion Systems View Post
    Hi there. It sounds like the battery is at fault here. What I would suggest, is to remove the cover and see whether there are any flashes on the Status LED. Three flashes would be indicative of a low battery condition. You should be able to replace the battery yourself. However, if you'd like a support technician to assist you, the CENTURION technical support call centre is open Monday to Friday from 07:00 until 18:00 aand they'll be happy to assist you. The number is 0861 003 123 (ShareCall).
    Good for a company to get out here and help.
    This is excellent customer service.

Hope Telkom reads my comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion Systems View Post
    Well done, nice to see a company getting involved. Never heard of Centurion Gates before, but I am not in the field. None the less, if I do need one, guess who's name is top of my list. Other companies, take note!

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by shakes1 View Post
    Well done, nice to see a company getting involved. Never heard of Centurion Gates before, but I am not in the field. None the less, if I do need one, guess who's name is top of my list. Other companies, take note!
    Every single green motor / red & white boom at office parks / square blue-green-red plastic remote / plastic access control key pad / and beams you see out there are all Centurion products

The company was started by two brothers, one electrical eng & one mech eng. By far the most user friendly motors I've ever worked with.

That's great to hear! And you're absolutely right, CENTURION was started by Pat Dickens in 1986 along with his wife and brother-in-law.

Quote Originally Posted by Voicy View Post
    Every single green motor / red & white boom at office parks / square blue-green-red plastic remote / plastic access control key pad / and beams you see out there are all Centurion products

The company was started by two brothers, one electrical eng & one mech eng. By far the most user friendly motors I've ever worked with.

Brilliant! We have branches all over the country so please feel free to give us a call if you ever need a gate motor :-)

Quote Originally Posted by shakes1 View Post

I have to admit I do like my Centurion D5 motor as well.. been incredibly easy to maintain and also make changes to the way it operates.

I will be replacing it soon when I get a new gate and I will def be going Centurion again purely for the end-user ease at modifying the way the gate operates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

Thanks for the compliment, Robert :-). We try to be as proactive as possible when it comes to technical support.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertvv View Post
    Good for a company to get out here and help.
    This is excellent customer service.

Hope Telkom reads my comments.

Hi. I was so relieved to finnally find a thread about this problem, but notice that there was no final solution. What was the real cause of the gate behaviour mentioned by Rubberman. My gate has the same issue. I have done the following, but nothing fixes it.
    Checked & cleaned out the tracks. Felt the gate on manual mode. Wheels are not stiff. Replaced the battery. Checked all electrical joins on main power supply cables to my gate. Tried reprogramming the gate. After all this, the gate still stops randomly in certain places and then can refuse to open/close again. I also checked my transformer. The light there illuminates which makes me think all is fine. To be honest, I think the battery does not get recharged sufficiently, or that there may be a problem with the sensor that opperates your gate opening and closing distance. Anyone have any concrete advice on what could be the problem. Would also appreciate it if someone can explain where the sensor is located and how to check if that is the problem. Thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
    Hi. I was so relieved to finnally find a thread about this problem, but notice that there was no final solution. What was the real cause of the gate behaviour mentioned by Rubberman. My gate has the same issue. I have done the following, but nothing fixes it.
    Checked & cleaned out the tracks. Felt the gate on manual mode. Wheels are not stiff. Replaced the battery. Checked all electrical joins on main power supply cables to my gate. Tried reprogramming the gate. After all this, the gate still stops randomly in certain places and then can refuse to open/close again. I also checked my transformer. The light there illuminates which makes me think all is fine. To be honest, I think the battery does not get recharged sufficiently, or that there may be a problem with the sensor that opperates your gate opening and closing distance. Anyone have any concrete advice on what could be the problem. Would also appreciate it if someone can explain where the sensor is located and how to check if that is the problem. Thanks
    Jimmy, I know you replaced the battery, but to be honest I would try another battery. Sounds like you might have gotten another dud battery.
    Get a Voltmeter and put it across the charging leads and tell us what voltage you are getting to charge the battery.
    Have you also replaced the fuses? I always keep some spare ones on hand and change them regularly.

My D5 gate motor is still going strong after 12 years!

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast