Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: New Pc

Default New Pc

Hi guys

I am going to purchase a new Pc in the next week or so, its going to be Amd 3500+ and an Asus A8N-E, is it worth paying extra for the new Am2 chip and Nforce 590 motherboard?

I must say,besides the ddr2 support,the performance gains for AM2 are negligable,I have been following reviews since the official release this week.
    A move to Conroe(Intel)would be a significant performance boost however availablility locally might be an issue although I haven't looked into it.....
    If the price is right I say,I would prefer some confirmation from ShockG.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuBS_
    Hi guys

I am going to purchase a new Pc in the next week or so, its going to be Amd 3500+ and an Asus A8N-E, is it worth paying extra for the new Am2 chip and Nforce 590 motherboard?
    The Nforce 590 have nice featutes, AM2 avalability and price? but it is still a great upgradable board. SLI CPU etc etc
    Last edited by pupa; 27-05-2006 at 10:42 AM.

Cool CPU there. should oc like crazy.
    If you're really set on staying with AMD, then do get a 590 or less just get yourself the best 975X board you can, wait 3weeks max n get entry level 'roe. Will be much much faster than 3500+ n prolly cost you the same.

fropm whjat ive seen no perforamnce gain from new amd

so just buy now shouldnt be a problem unless you want an extra 3% performance

Quote Originally Posted by killadoob
    fropm whjat ive seen no perforamnce gain from new amd

so just buy now shouldnt be a problem unless you want an extra 3% performance
    Upgradability of 590 will be phenomenal, Buy now and can upgrade for least 2+ Years on new AMD platform thus ok for minimal 3-4 Years . The Asus previews look great. there is not much in benches yet so cannot tell but is will definitely be much better than current AMD. I will go for it
    IMHO the Intel platform is the better bet for now!

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by pupa
    Upgradability of 590 will be phenomenal,
    yep, and you'll be able to keep your memory if later on you have to replace your mobo, or want to move to intel

Quote Originally Posted by pupa
    IMHO the Intel platform is the better bet for now!
    Maybe when Core 2 comes out, but not yet, ATM AMD is still the best
    insomnia FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by nGAGEd55
    Maybe when Core 2 comes out, but not yet, ATM AMD is still the best
    Core to should be here sooner than later, AMD supply's is the worry. Conroe will be cheaper than AMD and in the meantime the P4 930+ Dual core rocks fine. When conroe comes the 1066 FSB will come down in price, what an oppurtunity! and when conroe comes, well, AMD eat tour heart out! So for now me think the mobos to go for for ultimate expandibility is:
    Intel:
    MB-AP5N32-SLI D R 2000+ "ASUS® NVIDIA® nForce4™ SLI Intel® Edition NVIDIA® MCP-04, 2 x PCI Express x16 ,Dual Gigabit LAN(NVIDIA MCP-04),Realtek ALC850 8-CH" DDR2 667x4,2xPCI-Ex1, 1xPCI-Ex4, 2xPCI,4xSerial ATA 3Gb/s, RAID 0,1,0+1,5 JBOD,2xATA133,2xTI 1394a (1 Rear,1on MB),10xUSB(6 By Cable)
    ASUS Overclocking Feature: AI NOS,AI Overclocking,ASUS PEG Link;VGA:ASUS CPU Lock Free, ASUS Ai Booster Utility,ASUS C.P.R
    "ASUS Special features: AI NET2,Fanless Design,CrashFree BIOS 2,Q-Fan2,Post Reporter,Multi-language BIOS,MyLogo2,EZ Flash"
    AMD:
    MB-A8N32 SLI-D R 1,499 ASUS® NVIDIA nForce™4 SLI X16 AMD Socket939 Athlon 64FX / 64 X2 / 64 / Sempron FSB 2000/1600MTs Discrete MB, 2 x PCI-E x16 with SLI™ support at full x16, x16 mode, 4x DDR400 (Max. 4GB), 1 XPCI-Ex4, 3xPCI 2.2, 2 x U-DMA133, 4 x SATA(3.0GB/s) NV Raid :Raid 0, 1, 0+1, 5 & JBOD on SATA, Silicon Image® 3132 SATA controller supports, Dual Gigabit LAN (Marvell® 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit LAN + NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 Southbridge built-in Gigabit MAC),TI® 1394a IEEE1394a x2, Realtek® ALC850 8-channel CODEC, 10 x USB 2.0(4 by cables), AI Life ASUS® Stack Cool 2, SATA on the Go (External SATA on back I/O port), SLI ASUS® EZ Plug, Two Slot Thermal Design , Soft SLI Bridge, PEG Link for Dual PCI-Express Graphics Card, O.C ASUS® AI NOS, PEG Link, AI Overclocking, Precision Tweaker(vDIMM &vCore), C.P.R, SpecialASUS® 8-Phase Power Design, Fanless, AI Overclocking, AI NET2, My Logo2, Q-Fan 2, C.P.R,

Or the new 590 version MotherFcuckingBoard from Asus with two 7900 GT OC !

P4 < AMD64 < AM2 <Intel Conroe.

AMD will be changing sockets again when K8L comes so AM2 will be short lived as it won't be able to support the changes to the HT bus that K8L has.

So you can but a 590 mobo and get a good system, but it'll be far from being considered the fastest platform... Eg, a 4GHz AMD FX62 can not match a 3GHz Conroe, but the Conroe XE comes out at 2.93GHz out the box. So go figure :/

Slowest intel conroe CPU will/is faster than fastest AMD CPu you can buy

Quote Originally Posted by ShockG
    Cool CPU there. should oc like crazy.
    If you're really set on staying with AMD, then do get a 590 or less just get yourself the best 975X board you can, wait 3weeks max n get entry level 'roe. Will be much much faster than 3500+ n prolly cost you the same.
    rather wait for conroe to ship before getting the 975x mobo.
    I am in the (un)fortunate position of owning two intel 975xbx mobos and both WONT support conroe due to being an earlier revision. Others are in the same boat. When conroe is available, retailers will dump the (old stock)975x mobos to try clear them for compatable 975x mobos. just....wait...a...wee...bit...longer...

Eish....... Thanks for the help guys

Just one more thing, would anyone here purchase the Acer Ferrari F19 over the Viewsonic VX 922?