Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Giving props to Telkom, first time ever.

Grandmaster

Default Giving props to Telkom, first time ever.

So I guess I'm one of the lucky few, but I just want to say well done to Telkom. It took 4 working days from having no line at all, to having 100% working internet. So far they have checked up twice to see if everything is still good. First time a technician called me 2 days after ADSL activation, and just now I received a call from some lady wanting to find out if I'm still happy.

So, after all not all experiences with them are bad, I'm pretty sure there are some people that can share their good experiences with Telkom as well, as opposed to the countless of bad user experiences.
    "He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/T.../hero/14927921

Blog Entries

Our ADSL started dropping every few minutes back in November 2011. I logged many many fault references and for 7 months it was just back and forward between the call center and the technicians.
    I finally contacted the area manager for Telkom and he organised for them to come and run new wires from the pole to our business.
    Now everything is working great!
    Props for them too... even though it took 7 months and me having to go higher in the chain.
    At least our lines are much clearer now!

Wait till something goes wrong with the line and you have to call them to fix
    Money and Sex, Bandwidth and Storage... Only too much is ever enough

Quote Originally Posted by Garyvdh View Post
    Our ADSL started dropping every few minutes back in November 2011. I logged many many fault references and for 7 months it was just back and forward between the call center and the technicians.
    I finally contacted the area manager for Telkom and he organised for them to come and run new wires from the pole to our business.
    Now everything is working great!
    Props for them too... even though it took 7 months and me having to go higher in the chain.
    At least our lines are much clearer now!
    Never report the adsl as problematic as you usually go into a loop then Rather report the voice portion of the line as noisy and tell them everything else is fine else some egit from the call centre is gonna make you reset & configure your router & pc over and over.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prOd View Post
    So I guess I'm one of the lucky few, but I just want to say well done to Telkom. It took 4 working days from having no line at all, to having 100% working internet. So far they have checked up twice to see if everything is still good. First time a technician called me 2 days after ADSL activation, and just now I received a call from some lady wanting to find out if I'm still happy.

So, after all not all experiences with them are bad, I'm pretty sure there are some people that can share their good experiences with Telkom as well, as opposed to the countless of bad user experiences.
    Where are you located for interest sakes?
    Praise Zeus!

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by DrJohnZoidberg View Post
    Where are you located for interest sakes?
    Potchefstroom
    "He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good."

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/T.../hero/14927921