Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online shop prices must be accurate says ASA

Purple Fly explained that it has many suppliers of the same product with different prices and that prices sometimes change daily due to many factors including rate of exchange, the ASA said.
    Lol - riiight - I wonder if they ever change down, or mysteriously only up. Crookery. Your difficulties in matching supplier costs to your quote is not your customer's problem - finished and klaar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tick View Post
    Lol - riiight - I wonder if they ever change down, or mysteriously only up. Crookery. Your difficulties in matching supplier costs to your quote is not your customer's problem - finished and klaar.
    you should read the posts before jumping in with commnets. previous user (Juice) posted that they quoted him R1k less than web site listed price.

Quote Originally Posted by xrapidx View Post
    Interesting - I'm waiting for something from groupon - if it isn't delivered in time, I'll lodge a complaint with ASA on delivery times... its #%#$%$# annoying having to wait a month for something, and then its still not delivered.

And from what I see on facebook and hellopeter, this is quite common with groupon.
    Bud here at work has had to cancel his order for Bucky Balls. He ordered them for his kid's birthday well in advance. Their terms state something like 4 weeks delivery, but are very vague on the fact. Anyway, after 4 weeks he phoned and they said they had just processed the order and he'll have to wait, but they'll be delivered in the next few days. And so it went on until eventually 2 weeks after her birthday he simply went to takealot, ordered a set and picked them up right away, after canceling and collecting his money from Groupon.

Not even him going to their offices and talking to the people there helped, they simply brushed him off saying that it could take op to 8 weeks because they wait for the deal to close and all kinds of nonsense. he wanted to know where on their website they make that know to their customers and the person kept insisting that it was there. We'd already made copies of every page incase they tried some slick trick, but they eventually admitted that it's not there.

So use the for coupons, but not if you actually want to buy something, avoid them like the plague.

I've had very good experiences with kalahari, takealot and in the old days Matrix, pitty they ever went under, as they were probably the best there ever was.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Boksie View Post
    Bud here at work has had to cancel his order for Bucky Balls. He ordered them for his kid's birthday well in advance. Their terms state something like 4 weeks delivery, but are very vague on the fact. Anyway, after 4 weeks he phoned and they said they had just processed the order and he'll have to wait, but they'll be delivered in the next few days. And so it went on until eventually 2 weeks after her birthday he simply went to takealot, ordered a set and picked them up right away, after canceling and collecting his money from Groupon.

Not even him going to their offices and talking to the people there helped, they simply brushed him off saying that it could take op to 8 weeks because they wait for the deal to close and all kinds of nonsense. he wanted to know where on their website they make that know to their customers and the person kept insisting that it was there. We'd already made copies of every page incase they tried some slick trick, but they eventually admitted that it's not there.

So use the for coupons, but not if you actually want to buy something, avoid them like the plague.

I've had very good experiences with kalahari, takealot and in the old days Matrix, pitty they ever went under, as they were probably the best there ever was.
    Their continued bad service is shocking, we stopped using them a year ago because of it and thought we'd give it one more try... big mistake.

We phoned last week and were promised delivery... and again nothing, complained on facebook - and promised communication, so hellopeter it is.

Today has been four weeks, so it'll be interesting to see ASA's view on the false advertising - and there are MANY examples on facebook and hellopeter.

As far as I understand, its also against the CPA to advertise and sell products you don't actually have, or cannot provide in the advertised delivery time fraome.

I am also not wasting my time with what seems like an awfull refund process, I'm just lodging for a refund with VISA.

The event coupons and restaurants are also terrible, they're oversold, you can't get bookings, and when you do, at for example, a restaurant, they treat you like criminals.

http://purpleflytrading.co.za/shoppi...bf72a43ab2de3a

Please read that, because the buyer of the laptop didn't.

These points are there to be read, understood, and agreed upon before purchasing.

I am in no way a fan of that store due to the hassles they have constantly had, but I am on their side with this. As well as all the other retailers. Do you have any idea how difficult it would be to update prices on every single product daily? Just sit back and think about it. They have numerous suppliers. One would have to call every one of them, and get a quote on every single product that the store has listed. It's impossible. It's absurd to even suggest that. Hence them stating that prices are subject to change. I would place it on the home page in the footer to be honest, so it is there for all to see, but still. They do mention it.

Super Grandmaster

ROFL - fiancée tried calling Groupon - after a long wait in the queue, at Nr1 they cut her off.

Super Grandmaster

Well, they just called, apparently its not four weeks... its four weeks + 7 working days so

Voucher Date: 2012/06/13 (says 4 weeks for delivery)

NEW delivery date: 2012/07/28

That makes over 7 weeks... IF they deliver by then.

Busy filling in ASA form.

MyBB Legend

Purple Fly Trading has a rep here on mybb as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12