Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: BattleField 3 - Joystick

Default BattleField 3 - Joystick

Hi Everyone,

Got BF3 this weekend and can say that so far it has been epic. Been playing MMOs exclusively for far to long.

Played a lot of Bf1942 and loved the planes and helicopters, however I struggle with a mouse and keyboard during those times. In BF3 the planes move a bit faster and steering with the mouse and keyboard is challenging at best when trying to out maneuver another plane tailing you. The mouse keeps resetting and I need to constantly move my mouse into a direction to make the planes turn.

Set the 'Vehicle sensitivity' all the way up and also change my DPI settings when getting into a plane. Most of the time I run out of mousepad.

Do any of you know of a good joystick that works well with BF3? Was looking at some reviews and saw that the Logitech 3D Pro is getting some good reviews.

Can I get some input from you guys?

Regards,

Personally I use a keyboard to fly and mouse for aiming(ground units), it really is the only way unless you prefer a Joystick in which case yeah the Logitech 3D pro is good.

In BF3 learn to use the mouse and keyboard for flying it does take some time to get used to it.
    I've also tried using a joystick but it does not work, there is some issues with conflicts between the key mapping.

Yes Logitech 3D Pro works well. But will never beat a keyboard/mouse combo in the right hands, simply because a KEYBOARD can out turn a joystick and/or mouse - but takes helluva lot of practise (which I have not mastered )

Flying with the keyboard is great and quite a bit better than using the mouse. The only problem I have with the keyboard is aiming, so damn difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Kompete View Post
    Yes Logitech 3D Pro works well. But will never beat a keyboard/mouse combo in the right hands, simply because a KEYBOARD can out turn a joystick and/or mouse - but takes helluva lot of practise (which I have not mastered )
    This is lies. Kompete is a mass murderer in the sky. I will never engage him in a dogfight. In fact if I join a server and see him flying and I cannot be on his team, I just leave. You've all been warned