Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VW 1995 golf GSX Carburetor problem

Master

Default VW 1995 golf GSX Carburetor problem

Hi all..

Well i tried to get a decent blog about car problems to blog on but cant seem to find one.. so here we go

My car's carburetor needed a good cleaning so i striped it and got a carb kit with that as well ..(oh and reason i did this was cause the car didn't want to idle) put back together and there we go it idle'd again..BUT!

Now when i drive i need to pull the choke not even 3cm out just to drive smoothly..if i put the choke back in it has a flat spot as you pull away(and every gear that follows has a weak spot ,then drives normal after the dead spot)..though when the car reaches a decent engine heat.. 70degr. it drives alot better ..so much that i can put the choke back in..

PLS if anyone has or had this problem please tell me how to fix this! its so annoying ..

Thanks Regards!

adjust the idle, i find it weird that you can do what you did and not know this?

Master

here is the problem with that..my air is moved out by 2.5-2.8 turns..if i increase the idling and the car get alil warm it starts idli'ng above 1000rpm...to be exact 1300rpm..

Are you sure you don't have any air leaks between the carb and the manifold?

Did you change the jets at all?

Master

noticed this though..every time i start the car..watery fluid come out of the exhaust ..just for the 1st start of the day ..

Yes i bought a new foot stand for the carb to..jets cleaned ..petrol an carb cleaner while striping the whole car..

Water from the exhaust is normal. When you burn a hydrocarbon, you get water and CO2...

You don't see it all the time cos it comes out in vapour form - but it can condense on the inside of the pipes when they cool down.

So let me get this straight - you need a bit of choke until the engine warms up, and after that it's fine?

Master

well i need 2-3cm of choke(i checked the carb and the choke doesnt even move if i pull that bit out) for about 10km drive before i can press it back in..sometimes the car needs to be at 70degr ..so sometimes more than 10km

OK so it takes 10km before your car warms up to 70 degrees - and until it reaches that point you need a bit of choke?

The choke thing is normal IMHO. Your thermostat, however, is fooked.

Master

lol that one i figured yeah..still if i press the choke in after 10km the car has a hickup when i pull away ..so other words..idling at the robot then pull away ..then it kinda dies and drives normal after that..

another thing is..when car is alil heated up..and you give it gas it looses rev's an climbes rev's like normal..sounds like it smothering then picks up again

Your timing may be slightly off...

Completely random observation: your punctuation is... odd.
    In the Age of Information
    ignorance is a choice

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    Your timing may be slightly off...
    hmmm ill have that checked!!.. i dont want to buy a new carb and that isnt the problem :/

Quote Originally Posted by HapticSimian View Post
    Completely random observation: your punctuation is... odd.
    I assumed it was related to the car's flat spot somehow

Master

ok best way to tell you what the carburetor mainly does..when its even hot..and you floor it..the carb sounds like it spits air back out and the car dies..if i slightly put my foot on the pedal and sowly give it gas it picks up..but give only a little to much then it makes that funny spitting noise and dies..but starts easily again..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast