Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Traffic Fine

Quote Originally Posted by ambroseg1 View Post
    you lost me at the driving to PE part LOL
    The drive to PE is nice I drive to JHB all the time, which means I have to drive back to PE
    I like cars...Do you?

Grandmaster

since when is number of fines issued an indication of performance? In fact since when is number of fines issued an indication of safer roads?
    Actually, given the standard of driving in PE, it could certainly assist in making our roads safer but, the point I was trying to make, is why is the system backlogged if they're not issuing fines?

FYI there's a MacD's at the corner of Samantha Way & Cape Rd in PE where the traffic cops regularly eat and robot jumping (plus accidents) are the norm - they could easily write 10 tickets while eating lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by MickZA View Post
    Actually, given the standard of driving in PE, it could certainly assist in making our roads safer but, the point I was trying to make, is why is the system backlogged if they're not issuing fines?

FYI there's a MacD's at the corner of Samantha Way & Cape Rd in PE where the Traffic Cops regularly eat and robot jumping (plus accidents) are the norm - they could easily write 10 tickets while eating lunch.
    apologies. missed the point you were trying to make. Understood.
    But I still stand by my point that number of fines issued is about making money and not safety (my opinion and not sure if fact or not).

FYI there's a MacD's at the corner of Samantha Way & Cape Rd in PE where the traffic cops regularly eat and robot jumping (plus accidents) are the norm - they could easily write 10 tickets while eating lunch.
    But that would mean they had to stop eating lunch That ain't happening

apologies. missed the point you were trying to make. Understood.
    But I still stand by my point that number of fines issued is about making money and not safety (my opinion and not sure if fact or not).
    I am also of the opinion that its about money and not safety
    A VPN is basically a condom you put your network in to make it harder to contract an Internet Transmitted Disease or get another network pregnant.

That made me think of the old people who drive around walmer and on cape road I want to run them off the roads. Applying JHB driving to PE roads means that you look like the chop whose in a hurry...Sigh I live in the wrong city.
    I like cars...Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBadger View Post
    That made me think of the old people who drive around walmer and on cape road I want to run them off the roads. Applying JHB driving to PE roads means that you look like the chop whose in a hurry...Sigh I live in the wrong city.
    Hahaha whenever I'm there on holiday I have to constantly remind myself I'm not in JHB and to calm down
    A VPN is basically a condom you put your network in to make it harder to contract an Internet Transmitted Disease or get another network pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by iAmThePope View Post
    Hahaha whenever I'm there on holiday I have to constantly remind myself I'm not in JHB and to calm down
    Well I personally think I've earned my GP plates because when I'm in JHB with my EC plates, I get a lot of flack but I fit right in driving wise, I've driven there enough to think so. There are a lot of traffic cops and cameras in JHB tho, I hope I don't get into this guys situation with the late fines
    I like cars...Do you?

Grandmaster

Actually the municipality is bitching because the the traffic department isn't making any money:

http://www.peherald.com/news/article/7352

Now you know why Barry Hilton lives here - PE's a great source of material for stand-up comedy

Quote Originally Posted by iAmThePope View Post
    Yes I also heard that a lot of times. But I don't think this is just a good ol AARTO fine. I think its a court summons.

Court Summons....just go beg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123